grid heater plate

dieselbeef

dick doggin
anyone got a used one before i buy new?

fleece has one 199 with gaskets...theres has the mounts for the rail welded on posts..

some of the others..pusher and banks have a spacer...i like the welded one better..but maybe not...idk...if it aint perfect itll be a mfer to install

then there are the ebay ones all from a billet piece for 100 with a gasket..blkpro.

what a pita to install too.

Last edited:
Hey Gary. That's not a bad job, but just a warning. Dirt is an injector killer. Make sure everything is nice and clean before you pull injector lines off of the rail, and remove the rail. And re-check the torque on the fuel pass thru nuts before you reassemble.

Pressure wash everything, then use brake cleaner on the nuts of the lines, quill tube nut. I put the quill tube and lines into zip-lok bags so they are isolated from as much dust as I can keep them from.
It's a good idea to get plastic caps to cover the ports on the fuel rail and I injection pump connections.

Sent from my motorola one 5G using Tapatalk

i like the ones with the fuel riser blocks machined in better than the spacer style..does it matter? cuz its about 100 bucks diff in price

Just pull your plate and fix it. We've done them that way. Remove the stud, and either weld the hole, or tap it for a pipe plug. Done.

but it wont be shiny...i like shiny stuff....lol... thats probly best aint it..be done with it..maybe wont even need a gasket

am i gonna get a code? sucks gotta pull it to get that outta there..engineers suck...again.

need a baby to reach in there

but it wont be shiny...i like shiny stuff....lol... thats probly best aint it..be done with it..maybe wont even need a gasket

am i gonna get a code? sucks gotta pull it to get that outta there..engineers suck...again.

need a baby to reach in there

It's a steel gasket under there so it can be reused if you want, but I'd change it.
Not sure how that fancy intake is designed as far as gasket goes there. Shouldn't see any codes for the heater. Tie the wire up and pull the relay.

It's a steel gasket under there so it can be reused if you want, but I'd change it.
Not sure how that fancy intake is designed as far as gasket goes there. Shouldn't see any codes for the heater. Tie the wire up and pull the relay.

thank you jeff..you made my life easier..thanks for the early Christmas gift!

Back