New to twins, need help with setup on an odd engine.

So which turbo did you add? An he351 feeding the t04?

Garrett

probably getting paid at work to post this from my bionic

Yes.

Now I'm thinking I may want a larger non-wastegated turbo at some point, I still have not had the chance to do any drive pressure vs boost mapping. Probably working past 2pm tonight an an 8.3 C, and that just doesn't leave much time for play!

So I didn't make it to Beans because I lost an input shaft bearing in my dodge and broke some teeth on the input shaft (nv4500). Maybe I'll head up there on one of their non dyno days after I get the dodge back together and give y'all the dyno sheet...

Quite nicely, the frame has cutouts for the starter on one side and oil filter on the other, about 1 inch for both, smaller starter and oil filter could eliminate that but I'm a good welder so hey, why not,, It's just a hair to tall to fit the hood, but a custom valve cover could make that work too. I think a 4wd would fit the hight like it is.

When I first decided to do it, the engine was sitting on the shop floor, and I pulled the truck up to it and said no way... it was taller than the hood by itself, it just won't fit. Then I said hell yeah, I'm NOT driving this V6 any more, I'll MAKE it fit. so it came out and the detroit went in and I was pleasantly surprised at how nicely it fit in the end. The suspension even holds it nicely, but is is the all aluminum gama goat version. Length even leaves room for fans. The blower gets VERY close to the steering shaft, and I put a 2" drop in the little tubing crossmember to clear the oil pan. Lemme know if you want more pics.

pictures are great! ill send them to my old man, its his project, i just like getting him to go overkill haha. only thing is hes gonna be daily driving tjis with 4wd and its a loaded full power and ac cab. hard to come by

Back