Gathering up some parts, need some help!

I don't know how you're planning on sealing it up, but I would definitely put a bead of silicone or something around that pick up tube area,it seems mine has a small leak somewhere and takes just a LITTLE too much time IMO to build oil pressure.

But it is looking great! I wish I would've anodized my stuff now.

Last edited:
I don't know how you're planning on sealing it up, but I would definitely put a bead of silicone or something around that pick up tube area,it seems mine has a small leak somewhere and takes just a LITTLE too much time IMO to build oil pressure.

But it is looking great! I wish I would've anodized my stuff now.

The pick up tube gets a gasket between the block and the girdle, then another on the other side. All of my gaskets get a dab of The Right Stuff on them regardless! That stuff is great.

It looks good. My plan for my motor build is pretty similar. I may have a bit more air though.

It's been a long slow process, but if you are going to do it, just do it right the first time. This is my second time around because I rushed the first build. This one has had lots of planning to get all the right parts and a nice combo.

Just some slight progress... To many other things going on to slam this out..

Attachments

• IMG_0016[1].jpg
    IMG_0016[1].jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0015[1].jpg
    IMG_0015[1].jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0017[1].jpg
    IMG_0017[1].jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 0
the anodized timing cover looks awesome.

Appreciate it man! I'm gonna repaint the long block tonight, then start mocking up the turbo and manifold setup. Probably going to have to remake my cold pipe as I don't think it's going to clear with the steed manifold. I'm gonna make a new one out of aluminum... More pics to come in the next couple days!

6ea67954264e02694140f17c89a5851e.jpg

Got a little done after I worked on the race car tonight.... Long list of fittings to get, definitely needing to make a new charge pipe. I always liked the ones in the lil red express, so I'm thinking aluminum piping and vbands on both ends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0cf9297d0d456fd0dbf340b3e42e2c68.jpg

Any opinions as to if my primary needs to be tucked in closer to the engine? I'd like to build the new charge pipe before I put the engine back in the truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

after building my interstage pipe out of aluminum....never again. i would suggest building it in the truck, just my preference.

Back