Anyone around Newerk/Heath Ohio

Snedge

Comp Diesel Sponsor
...that knows anything about the 6.0 Powerjoke ?
I have a friend out there with an '04 F250 that just shut off on him. He had the truck towed home. It has a bunch of injector, glow plug and EGR codes. He said it shut off just like he turned the key off and won't re-start. I'm thinking FICM, but I also don't know shit.

I'm there, there's a few shops around that should be capable. Or are you looking more for someone to go to the truck?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

He had it someplace (Gamble ?), and they told him it needed all the injectors replaced without even doing anything. I was thinking if there was a CompD guy around there that knew the engine it might be worth their while to go and check it out. Just reaching out, no pressure.

He had it someplace (Gamble ?), and they told him it needed all the injectors replaced without even doing anything. I was thinking if there was a CompD guy around there that knew the engine it might be worth their while to go and check it out. Just reaching out, no pressure.
I'm waiting to hear back from my neighbor, he's a big truck mechanic, that has a few trucks of his own out. Has a small service truck, and has bought dead 6.0 before to fix and flip.

Does he have a SCT monitor on the truck or a tablet? You can get a bluetooth OBII dongle and trouble shoot it fairly easily and cheap with a tablet. He needs the ficm voltage around 47-48 volts, icp voltage .24-.25 volts, ipr % has to be opening and closing 55%-85%. hpop has to be 580 psi or higher to fire. All of those things mentioned above has to be checked while cranking the truck. Make sure the batteries are fully charged and/or a charger on it while cranking. It could be as simple as a clogged ipr the screen kit is $30. Pull the ipr and watch a youtube video from dieseltech Ron. Dieseltech Ron has a bunch of videos on these trucks. He was an awesome wealth of knowledge when he was alive. It could be the hpop the 03-04's were notorious for those failing. I would not throw parts at these trucks. It's easy to burn through 3k-8k to find the actual culprit to be only a $1000-$1500 fix.

Also 85% duty cycle is full open ipr valve meaning it's relieving pressure while cranking because it met desired pressure. If the ipr is staying at 35% or less it means you have a massive hpop leak within the motor or the hpop quit. It could be the STC fitting, the branch tubes. I know the 03's had braided stand pipes and never leaked I can't for the life of me remember if the 04's had the same stand pipes or if they had the o ringed ones.

I’m certainly no Ford expert, but are the 6.0’s like the 7.3’s where they won’t run if they’re really low of oil? That was the first thing Jamie would ask a customer that had a 7.3 that wouldn’t start, “have you checked the oil?”

I’m certainly no Ford expert, but are the 6.0’s like the 7.3’s where they won’t run if they’re really low of oil? That was the first thing Jamie would ask a customer that had a 7.3 that wouldn’t start, “have you checked the oil?”

Yeah, we've seen that here also on the 7.3. He was actually driving it when it shut of.

Does he have a SCT monitor on the truck or a tablet? You can get a bluetooth OBII dongle and trouble shoot it fairly easily and cheap with a tablet. He needs the ficm voltage around 47-48 volts, icp voltage .24-.25 volts, ipr % has to be opening and closing 55%-85%. hpop has to be 580 psi or higher to fire. All of those things mentioned above has to be checked while cranking the truck. Make sure the batteries are fully charged and/or a charger on it while cranking. It could be as simple as a clogged ipr the screen kit is $30. Pull the ipr and watch a youtube video from dieseltech Ron. Dieseltech Ron has a bunch of videos on these trucks. He was an awesome wealth of knowledge when he was alive. It could be the hpop the 03-04's were notorious for those failing. I would not throw parts at these trucks. It's easy to burn through 3k-8k to find the actual culprit to be only a $1000-$1500 fix.

Also 85% duty cycle is full open ipr valve meaning it's relieving pressure while cranking because it met desired pressure. If the ipr is staying at 35% or less it means you have a massive hpop leak within the motor or the hpop quit. It could be the STC fitting, the branch tubes. I know the 03's had braided stand pipes and never leaked I can't for the life of me remember if the 04's had the same stand pipes or if they had the o ringed ones.

Thanks for that information. The thing is, this friend of mine can build you a house with his eyes closed, but..

04's had the o-ring style. I replaced them in mine when I bought it. I'm no expert on the 6.0 by any means, but as said above DieselTechRon on Youtube was the man, unfortunately killed in a car accident. I learned a lot from his videos. I'm 3 hours away from Newark unfortunately.

I did talk to the neighbor last night during trick or treat, he questioned the o rings causing a sudden loss of pressure to fire the injectors. Guess he's seen that before. Think he's going to call and see what the timeline for your friend is.

Back