Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Entrance Gate- Welcome to Competition Diesel > Competition Events and Get-Togethers > Shootout Productions Inc
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2015, 05:46 PM   #1
Iron-Hyde

Name: Iron-Hyde
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Summer Rig Rally, brought to you by the TruckFest Crew!

Join us this Saturday at McCray's Farm in South Hadley, MA for our summer truck pull brought to you by Prospect Valley, LLC. and Shootout Productions Inc. The sled will be provided by Clark's Sled Services, and is known for being a fun sled. The weather is looking pretty good now, much better than was previously predicted, so we hope to see some new trucks and new faces!

For rules please see http://www.shoutoutproductionsinc.com

Thanks,
Tim Judd
Freedom Diesel
Attached Files
File Type: pdf flyer_8.5x11_2015.pdf (1.54 MB, 0 views)
"Sore Subject"-2001 Chevy with DTS Cam and Heads, Big Dipper Trans Kit, HTT turbo, Exergy Injectors, CryO2, Full Cage, Custom paint by Full Tilt Auto Body and Keith Brick Designs, custom vehicle controls by BT Dieselworks

Old 06-25-2015, 05:50 AM   #2
rawdog

Name: rawdog
Member`s Gallery
Hows the track there?

Old 06-25-2015, 12:01 PM   #3
Richlmm

Name: Richlmm
Member`s Gallery
little rocky but its always a good track tom

2001 limited pro duramax by blackout performance 2013/2014 shootout productions 2.6 points champion

Old 06-26-2015, 07:07 AM   #4
rawdog

Member`s Gallery
Thanks Rich
I have a few things apart for maintenance so if that goes back together i may come out. Is this place truck and trailer accessible?

Old 06-26-2015, 04:49 PM   #5
Richlmm

Name: Richlmm
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdog View Post
Thanks Rich
I have a few things apart for maintenance so if that goes back together i may come out. Is this place truck and trailer accessible?
get there early its in a field and the whole thing isn't flat earlier the better to get a decent spot so you don't have to park on the hill a few mod guys come in with 53 foot trailers and horses pulling them but they always park on the flat section

2001 limited pro duramax by blackout performance 2013/2014 shootout productions 2.6 points champion

Old 07-01-2015, 08:07 AM   #6
Iron-Hyde

Member`s Gallery
Thanks to all who came out and pulled last weekend! Our next event at McCray's Farm is TruckFest Sept. 19 and 20. This will be the 5th year for TruckFest and we are happy to see it growing every year. The pulling track was harrowed and rock raked for 2 straight days last week, providing the smoothest, hardest track we've ever made. We have more Blue clay on the way this summer to mix in and keep it maintained. The Dirt Commander sled did a fantastic job of controlling the trucks putting on a safe and exciting show. We are hoping to have him back for TruckFest.

For rules and regulations, check out http://www.ShootoutProductionsInc.com or visit our website http://www.TruckfestSH.com

Thanks,
Tim
"Sore Subject"-2001 Chevy with DTS Cam and Heads, Big Dipper Trans Kit, HTT turbo, Exergy Injectors, CryO2, Full Cage, Custom paint by Full Tilt Auto Body and Keith Brick Designs, custom vehicle controls by BT Dieselworks

Old 07-02-2015, 07:20 AM   #7
rawdog

Member`s Gallery
You do know that you cant just mix clay in and go pulling right?

Old 07-06-2015, 01:19 PM   #8
Iron-Hyde

Member`s Gallery
If you find that the track doesn't meet your expectations, you are free to leave a comment on the website or come find me at an event to discuss how you would like to see us make it better. It is tight in some ways, though we are restricted on how much we can do in that part of the property by the local Conservation Commission.

Old 07-07-2015, 06:28 AM   #9
rawdog

Member`s Gallery
Listen, im just trying to help. Dont be a dick. I have built a track and gone thru the aches and pains. Just pointing out that what you are thinking about doing could possibly ruin the track. Thats all.

Old 07-11-2015, 07:38 AM   #10
Iron-Hyde

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdog View Post
Listen, im just trying to help. Dont be a dick. I have built a track and gone thru the aches and pains. Just pointing out that what you are thinking about doing could possibly ruin the track. Thats all.
I don't think I was being a dick at all, we are very open to suggestions, but we did not go in this alone without any help or knowledge from others either. When we built the track originally, we did what we could do with drainage before Derek Lavoie helped us by spreading 8" of loamy clay on top of a hard gravel road. We knew it wasn't ideal, but it worked pretty well the first year for what we needed to do. The second year, Derek and crew came back and helped work the track again, but unfortunately a rain day pretty much destroyed all of what we tried to fix. We did not have the permission or the manpower to keep the track from eroding in the seasons that it wasn't being used at a pulling track. A lot of our investment was washed away a couple of times. Recently, we have had more help, more manpower, and we are planning to make this track better, safer, and more useable year-long. I am not in charge by any means, it is the farm's land that they allow us to use. Everything that we do has to be cost-effective and minimally intrusive to their operations.

So while we are very open to suggestions, like I said, we are also not able to appease everyone's wishes.

Closed Thread