NHRA Nationals video

Keep bringing it to them John! I'm sure you'll figure out how to counter the games at the tree. Great looking car and runs.

Very nice ! Next time just dive in, I wouldnt wait around to pre stage. It could have been worse he could have pre staged as soon as you were behind the beams from doing your burnout, forcing you to get in quiker then you would have liked. Either way nice job look foward to seing more.

I'm still mad we drove down there from Montana and you had to race the other event. Left us with nobody to party with. :doh: The car looks great I'm glad to see you are turning heads! great run!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1Xm_-OElzQ

Thanks guys,found another clip of the first pass. We are very pleased with the set up this year. It is reliable as all get out. It broke nothing at all for the weekend & we put it all on the trailer & just left it loaded in the trailer. We will unload on the 23rd at the Ennis NHRA points meet next weekend. that will be the last supercomp race for a while & then its time to shoot for the sevens!! Our converter is still leaving 18% of the power on the table. We need a clutch but I dont thig we can make it work in supercomp. Karen just needs more time & money but she is getting there:hehe::hehe:

And you're not running a throttle stop/timer I'm sure. WOT all driver skill and tune.

I never got the timer box idea. Just tune the motor back and learn to drive if there's a break out point.

Good job, of driving John

But I don't see what the other guy did wrong. He bumped in as soon as you did, within 10 seconds. Once the two top bulbs are on, you are on auto start, which means either 7 or 9 seconds after one of the other stages, the other has to stage or your red lit .

Welcome to Super comp, is a very vicious class , no one takes it personally what goes on the starting line , that is part of the sport of drag racing .

The SC dragster launched, and went on the throttle stop for a few seconds, and then back to full throttle, and chase to the stripe and cut John in . Hence the close times, with Johns good light

These guys didn’t show up to be good guys or sportsman on the starting line, they will play every trick in the book, and that is just part of it

Again good showing

i was thinkin that too...u shouldve went in first and then the flag man wouldve put him in if he tried to burn ya down....
drag racing is like that..mental is crucial too....it worked fer him

very cool ass car tho..ye right there..good luck

Very nice! My uncle was there John. He didn't see you run but he got some cool pics of your car and he gave them to me. This is a pick of their car at the local drag strip.

main.php

They broke the lenco in qualifying I believe he told me. They run pro-nitro.

I'm no big time drag racer by any means, but if there is an auto start, why wait if your ready stage and he's only got 7 or 9 sec. Hard enough trying to keep on top of the turbos and not pull through the brakes. I'd stage and make him hussle. I totally agree if he would have staged as soon as you got behind the beams from your burn out that would have been real bush.

In any eliminator in NHRA you must courtesy stage, This means that is you cannot turn on your bottom bulb, until he has turned on his top bulb , when you turn on the second bulb is the point when you have 7 seconds

When both top bulbs are on, and one has completed staging by turning on his bottom bulb then you have to get in. I think he was being nice and waiting for you tou stage first, and letting you get up on the turbo.

He knew he had a duck, and was going to be nice about it. He could have staged, and bumped in as soon as you turned on you top bulb, then you would have had to bump in and possibly leave within the next half second

Super Comp is a very competitive class, and it’s a huge mind game, there is nothing wrong with dong what you have to win, that is part of it, and anyone that doesn’t, loads on the trailer first round.

If I’m doing exhibition runs, then it’s ok to play around , but if there is a need for me to win , for either points, sponsor or money , I am going for every legal advantage in my tool box , there is nothing wrong with that it’s called drag racing.

If your ride take a long time to spool, I’m staging , as soon as you turn on the top bulb ( pre Stage ) , if I spool slower , I am going in as soon as the other turns on his top , this is more time to spool .

If this gets done to me, I’ll use every one of those 7 seconds to bump in. I don’t ask quarter, and I don’t give it , I can to turn on the win light

On the top end, after the dragster came off the stop, he just drove up to John and cut him in, doing what is called a do whap, each one is a tenth of a second. If John would have stayed on the throttle longer, he will have ridden him to the strip, and would have taken the strip. Keeping a nose on him,

In SC you have some cars that run 160 mph , and others that run 180 mph , both must not run faster then 8.900 . The reason for the faster car is on it can stay on the stop longer , and then gets to chase the other down and make the call at the strip .

John what was your light on that pass it’s looked real late.

Last edited:
Nice John. I respect the knife at a gun fight analogy, but Sir, that is one hell of a knife.:clap:

Back