Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Tech > 94-98 2nd Gen. 12V
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 09:23 AM   #1
Yankee Dog

Name: Yankee Dog
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
Mystery Injectors

First post, been lurking for awhile, nice sight great info, especially the recents threads about injectors, proper spray patterns, washer thickness etc. I want to thank those involved for that. Learned a few things.

Sort related to those injector posts, a friend gave me a set of brand new 12 valve injectors. My favorite price, free! He recieved them from someone else so I'm getting third hand information. He no longer owns a 12 valve so did not need or install them.

They are supposedly Bosch injectors. They are a 5 hole nozzle. There are no markings what so ever on the injectors. I have looked closely, even with a magnifying glass. Nothing to indicate who made them, or what kind they are.

I would like to find out or try to find out what they are and I have no clue. The washers that came with them are .060 thick. Thats all the info I know. Not sure of the nozzle hole size, or anything else.

Would it be possible for me to take them to a diesel shop to have them "tested" and hopefully narrrow down what they are (flow rate, spray pattern, etc?).

Or option B, buy a known value replacement nozzle and install them, and give em a try, or option C, install em and see what happens? Of course watching for egt's, boost levels, smoke etc.

Have not messed with injectors before, and my truck is running the original stock 180's which are probably tired. Just looking for a point in the right direction, and thanks for your help, YD
1997 CTD, 2x4, 4 inch exhaust, HTS custom auto transmission, #10 plate, 3k GSK, K&N, boost elbow, bilstiens

Old 03-08-2007, 04:35 PM   #2
snow ram

Name: snow ram
Title: Newb
Member`s Gallery
you can take them to a shop and maybe have the pop off pressures tested.
there should be a P/N on the injector somewhere but maybe swing it past a cummins shop or an injection/pump shop and see what they say
otherwise buy a set of known injectors and send them things in for a core charge

Old 03-08-2007, 05:23 PM   #3
wildmanben

Name: wildmanben
Title: Farmboy...
Member`s Gallery
aw come on, live on teh wild side and throw them in and see what happens! Most likeky they are not anything too fancy if he gave them away, but you never know.

Country Performance Diesel
PureFlow Technologies
Southbend Clutch
Bullseye Power
JL Machine
Fluidampr

Closed Thread