Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Competition and Performance
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Dodge Competition and Performance General Dodge Competition and Performance Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 10:34 AM   #41
hotsmoker350

Name: hotsmoker350
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
haha a ppump is next on the agenda.

Old 04-22-2014, 10:05 PM   #42
DieselMonster

Name: DieselMonster
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Guess if you can get more wheel in there you can move more air .... what size inlet r u running ???

Stuff the biggest one you can muster inthere ..

Old 05-06-2014, 10:50 AM   #43
hotsmoker350

Member`s Gallery
the rules are a "stock appearing turbo", so i sent my stock turbo to Fleece and they made it to match their cheetah turbos while still keeping it stock appearing from the outside. i have no idea on the specs of a Fleece Cheetah turbo.

Old 05-06-2014, 11:12 AM   #44
CorneliusRox

Name: CorneliusRox
Title: Seasoned Rookie
Member`s Gallery
Are you allowed to grab turbos out of a 6.4 and have them worked over like that? That'd make for a fun driver and a solid work stock puller imo.

Old 05-06-2014, 11:15 AM   #45
hotsmoker350

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorneliusRox View Post
Are you allowed to grab turbos out of a 6.4 and have them worked over like that? That'd make for a fun driver and a solid work stock puller imo.
haha not a chance. interpret these rules as you may haha. everybody has their own.
Turbocharger:

The turbocharger is limited to a stock-appearing, OEM/Factory make-specific charger only. Turbochargers from different years in the same make may be interchanged, no adapters to accept other model turbo. 6.4 liter Powerstroke engines may utilize the factory twin turbo configuration. Any cut, notched or etc. of the turbo wheels / blades will result in a disqualification. Turbo housing must be unaltered OEM/ Factory with no provision made for extra air flow and/or machining to allow larger turbo wheel in the housing. No bushing of the inducer is permitted. Aftermarket wheels in a stock unaltered housing are permitted. Failure to allow for turbo inspection will result in immediate disqualification. Any truck disqualified for this reason will be required to undergo a complete super tech prior to any further competition. Absolutely no refunds for any illegal turbo found after the class has pulled. NOTE: If your truck consistently runs in the top three places you will be checked

Old 05-06-2014, 03:07 PM   #46
CorneliusRox

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsmoker350 View Post
haha not a chance. interpret these rules as you may haha. everybody has their own.
Turbocharger:

The turbocharger is limited to a stock-appearing, OEM/Factory make-specific charger only. Turbochargers from different years in the same make may be interchanged, no adapters to accept other model turbo. 6.4 liter Powerstroke engines may utilize the factory twin turbo configuration. Any cut, notched or etc. of the turbo wheels / blades will result in a disqualification. Turbo housing must be unaltered OEM/ Factory with no provision made for extra air flow and/or machining to allow larger turbo wheel in the housing. No bushing of the inducer is permitted. Aftermarket wheels in a stock unaltered housing are permitted. Failure to allow for turbo inspection will result in immediate disqualification. Any truck disqualified for this reason will be required to undergo a complete super tech prior to any further competition. Absolutely no refunds for any illegal turbo found after the class has pulled. NOTE: If your truck consistently runs in the top three places you will be checked
Wow... That's a ridiculous disadvantage for older trucks.

Old 05-06-2014, 05:35 PM   #47
chevota84

Name: chevota84
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorneliusRox View Post
Wow... That's a ridiculous disadvantage for older trucks.
It's a pretty big disadvantage for anything that's not a 6.4

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Old 05-06-2014, 05:48 PM   #48
hotsmoker350

Member`s Gallery
Yeah your telling me haha. Huge disadvantage

Old 05-06-2014, 06:12 PM   #49
CorneliusRox

Member`s Gallery
I think the guy who's been winning out here has a 'stock appearing' he351ve and beats some 6.4's. The he351ve's flow a decent amount more than an hx35 would though.

Old 05-06-2014, 07:55 PM   #50
hotsmoker350

Member`s Gallery
Yeah here in western pa, a duramax rules the class then the cummins

Old 05-09-2014, 10:59 PM   #51
DieselMonster

Name: DieselMonster
Member`s Gallery
... the Cummins was a given , and the D-max would be obvious ( as they can turn some real high RPM's ) ..

Was chattin with a buddy , said his wife was draggin the ruck and it didnt shift correctly and ran about 6150rpm's then shifter 2X's ... didnt know they would even go that high !!!

Old 08-28-2017, 09:03 AM   #52
Financial Mistake

Name: Financial Mistake
Member`s Gallery
Those are the same rules for the NHRDA WS class (only WS class that's in my area), which makes it pretty hard for an older cummins to compete. I dashed that plan as soon as I read the rules, no point in even trying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
P24V, Billet 62/68/14, Billet 475/96/1.32, 27°, Seth's Stg 3 @ 450cc, dual feed, DFI 7x12, Fass240, 110#, 425, p&p/3 angle/oring, ED freeze plugs, BD IC, VP MAX boots, stainless mani, Snow w/m, coolant bypass, CTS2, EAS, POS NV4500, valair quiet dual ceramic

Old 08-31-2017, 09:37 AM   #53
savagepc.223

Name: savagepc.223
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
Seems a little low to me, but it sounds like you are pretty stuck with the turbo though.

on a side note if you want to ppump it ill make you a good deal on my setup.

good luck with any upcoming pulls!

Closed Thread