Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Maybe one day this damn junk will quit finding me.

Attachments

• 1471BAD7-BC8D-42AD-931A-445CF061FB2B.jpg
    1471BAD7-BC8D-42AD-931A-445CF061FB2B.jpg
    386.5 KB · Views: 0
Would a ceramic ball bearing turbo even live in a diesel application?

I'm doing more gasoline tuning now and one customer wants to buy a "pro mod" turbo from precision.

They do not do well in diesel applications. Ask an SDP Cat owner or an LEE Cat owner how they work out. The need for them isn't there. The misconception that they spool quicker is why people use them at all. Turbochargers are one of the only applications where somebody thought ball bearings and 100,000 RPM was a good idea. Every other high speed application uses things like air foil bearings or oil supported bearings (ie journal bearings found in turbochargers). Ball bearings are used in some very very small applications that spin that fast but nothing as large as the bearings used in turbochargers. The larger the bearing the high the surface speed is on the ball to maintain a given RPM.

A little rooftop AC repair.
32fb31f26d943019c78a7dbba5d1daa3.jpg
83b2047d910ca8cada1f87d382e82aff.jpg
7e199f9b1484b35412b0b6fed987afa9.jpg

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

The dyno gave false readings on doodles run because it takes gear ratio into account and become part of its calulation, so when a parameter is changed on the truck and not in dyno software it gives higher numbers.

Truck engine dyno test are done by hold truck at 55-60mph and then load is slowly increased, for a dyno day this would be stupidly time consuming.

Your theory is busted when the current HP per discplacent record at Antrim’s was done with 4.17 gears...

Dynos dont care about gear ratio, they measure their own roller speed and braking torque and calculate power from that.

There is still rotational inertia forces with 4.17 gears, just not that much than faster gears.

If I understand correctly, A-class is too much competition and B-class isn't enough? Why don't you enter b-class to show the world how superior vulva is?:poke:
I wanted to do something I havent already done and my "sponsor" said A-class or nothing but we thought they must still use original type fuel system.

Not going to spend 6500 euros for shipping normal working truck there and back to compete in class no one is interested.

Don't your super powerful euro trucks already have common rail? This shouldn't be an issue especially with your super euro tuners. Anyone converting to common rail are doing it on "old dinosaur" US engines so you should be walking in with the advantage. So pony up or shut up.

These are new trucks that are identical to the ones with the euro engines. a 2012 with a Maxxforce or a Paccar are the same trucks as the ones with a Cummins however the cummins powered truck always brings more money.
New trucks have commonrails, too expensive to buy one and build as a useless hobby truck.

Cummins brings more money because truckers are still idiots. Maxxforce is **** anyway. Buy trucks with Volvo engines.

Dynos dont care about gear ratio, they measure their own roller speed and braking torque and calculate power from that.

There is still rotational inertia forces with 4.17 gears, just not that much than faster gears.

Bull****, the people that have seen the the programming for the Taylor dyno say other wise, but since you own one you know all of course.

Swear you are getting dumber by the day.

Bull****, the people that have seen the the programming for the Taylor dyno say other wise, but since you own one you know all of course.

Swear you are getting dumber by the day.
All dynos are same.

Why is it that only heavy dynos (in USA) use that pull down test ? Cars, pick-ups, engine dynos always accelerate, free or controlled, or do steady state at different points.

If I understand correctly, A-class is too much competition and B-class isn't enough? Why don't you enter b-class to show the world how superior vulva is?:poke:

Volvo is not allowed, limit is 16 litres and Volvo is 16,1 , and if I race with working truck, it will be modern truck and that means commonrail, commonrail is not allowed in B-class.

All dynos are same.

Why is it that only heavy dynos (in USA) use that pull down test ? Cars, pick-ups, engine dynos always accelerate, free or controlled, or do steady state at different points.

No, not all dynamometers are the same. I have not seem very many engine dynos accelerate....Most I've ever seen are pull down. I use Pull down for testing tractors. The only thing that accelerates are the smaller chassis dynos...and in most cases there the drums outweigh the vehicle using the dyno.

You keep on being wrong...

Chris

No, not all dynamometers are the same. I have not seem very many engine dynos accelerate....Most I've ever seen are pull down. I use Pull down for testing tractors. The only thing that accelerates are the smaller chassis dynos...and in most cases there the drums outweigh the vehicle using the dyno.

You keep on being wrong...

Chris
All dynos with brake are the same, torque transducer and roller speed is all you need to get horsepower numbers. Dont even need engine rpm, you only need it to get engine torque.

Inertia dynos calculate from roller mass and speed/acceleration rate.

You dyno tractors at steady rpm, just start from high rpm, isnt that what you said earlier ?

Dyno Pulls Pro Mod Engine Test Rage Fuel Systems Drag Racing Video - YouTube

All dynos with brake are the same, torque transducer and roller speed is all you need to get horsepower numbers. Dont even need engine rpm, you only need it to get engine torque.

Inertia dynos calculate from roller mass and speed/acceleration rate.

You dyno tractors at steady rpm, just start from high rpm, isnt that what you said earlier ?

Dyno Pulls Pro Mod Engine Test Rage Fuel Systems Drag Racing Video - YouTube

Start at high RPM and pull down to rated RPM. We don't accelerate...

You said "All dynos are the same"

You didn't specify, you made a broad statement.

Chris

Back