User Rating.

daithi2

Nevermore
could a user rating be added to show when a person has bought or sold something and had a good experience, or has generally helped someone?
$.02

yeah it would be helpful i just brought a tps sensor and would like to leave good feedback, sort of like ebay

I'll look into it. We do have a user feed back forum, to leave feedback for people you have bought from/sold to. I've been looking at a ebay style system for us.

The only issue I see is making sure its clear weather it's user rating as in helpfull/knowledgable like I've seen on some sites, or a buyer/seller rating. Maybe even have 2 ratings...

while true, who really goes thru all the pages to see what/if somthing has been said about someone. with a number next to a persons name you could see if they have many sucsesful dealings.

im a member of many forums, as im sure many of us are, and the most common type or rating i see is a trader rating. i allows people who have bought or sold somthing to put that on thier rating, what was sold, and even the thread the deal went down.

the other type of rating ive seen is where someone can send you "kudos" if you will, and increase thier rating.

I remember back when DTR first came out with their little "karma squares"; little red or green squares that other members could gift/ course you with.

I spearheaded the movement that considered negative karma desirable, and after a couple days had more negative karma to my name than the entire site had positive karma. Poor Jack and Lary were distraught. LOL

Your line of red boxes was my first thought when I saw this thread. Man that was back in the day. When we had nothing going on in our lives but hanging out on DTR. Like now, but not as cool. No cupcakes, or tacos...

And I can see the same thing happening here...

it be real easy to mess with someone who is not liked with that system

the inverse bein screw someone over just because..

is there such a thing as honest feedback sometimes?

I hate this Idea.... That forum says buyer beware for a reason... The first time someone gets bad feedback and thinks they don't deserve it we will get to hear about it....for months...

That section already causes enough grief.

i dont think it should be allowed to give a negative feedback.

the system we use on my srt forum allows you to give info on the transaction, and once you do it raises the persons "Trader Rating" one point, showing they made a transaction.

then you can click that number and it shows what was said about the transaction and a link to the thread where product was sold/bought.

the system also does not allow you to give someone feedback/rating over and over. i believe 2 times consecutivly is the max. after that you get a message somthing like "you must recieve feedback from someone else or give to someone else before giving more to this person"

its the best system ive found. take a gander.
srtforums.com
same user name there for me if you wish to look up my name, tho i havnt been on there since i parted my car out.

Back