Passenger Side Battery Boil-over.

A POS sensor that is supposed to monitor battery temperature....yet can have debris between it and the plastic (an insulator) case of the battery.....that when it does fail, can send one or both batteries into orbit, cause a fire, a crash, bodily harm, etc etc.

Like I said, "THERE'S A SPECIAL PLACE IN HELL FOR AUTOMOTIVE ENGINEERS"....and the software writers for SolidWorks.

If you're telling us the truck is rusted out up to the lower doors and mid way up the fenders, no wonder there's electrical problems. I'm surprised this battery issue is the only prevalent issue.

Wtf guys? I hadn't made any smart-ass comments or anything, and just chunk me under the bus! I'm not even into anal, just humored by the extreme reactions of people when it's mentioned!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

If you're telling us the truck is rusted out up to the lower doors and mid way up the fenders, no wonder there's electrical problems. I'm surprised this battery issue is the only prevalent issue.

Large holes. IN road salt. Old blue has been around a long time. Was his brother's truck now he owns it. It comes to OK once a year to see me and some other friends. I always know who it is when I hear a straight pipe pull in.

So, last night, he put on a new cross over cable that tested out at .1 ohms. The batteries still charge at 15.5V. Still too high in my opinion. I told him to put a set of jumper cables across both of them and see what it charges at. Then I told him to lossen, wiggle, and re-seat the ECM connectors. Something has to be not reading.

He might have to do the ole Jory special and delete that sum bitch haha around here if you do a good job you get to do someone else job as well. Tell that to the driver side battery and give it a little pat on the back.

He might have to do the ole Jory special and delete that sum bitch haha around here if you do a good job you get to do someone else job as well. Tell that to the driver side battery and give it a little pat on the back.

:hehe:

I've never agreed with the ol' "my dodge will start with a single battery" so I deleted one routine. Just...no.

I've got a drain on mine somewhere though. If it sits for a week, they are both dead. Red Tops only a few years old. I need to find time to do a leak trace and see what's draining them just haven't had time.

:hehe:

I've never agreed with the ol' "my dodge will start with a single battery" so I deleted one routine. Just...no.

I've got a drain on mine somewhere though. If it sits for a week, they are both dead. Red Tops only a few years old. I need to find time to do a leak trace and see what's draining them just haven't had time.
Mine has been on a single battery since 2009! Never an issue until the battery died in the winter. One new battery and away we go! It's currently only on its third battery since the switch.

We will never win this argument. BUT we can be a thorn in Jory’s side every time batteries are brought up ha

Mine has been on a single battery since 2009! Never an issue until the battery died in the winter. One new battery and away we go! It's currently only on its third battery since the switch.

We will never win this argument. BUT we can be a thorn in Jory’s side every time batteries are brought up ha

If you're poor and can only afford one battery, just say you're poor.

I don’t see the need for them if you don’t run the grids or work out of it. $400+ and a $90 Uber ride from the Smoky Mt Natl Forest to Interstate was my last high dollar battery purchase. No need for grids down here. 5” intake to the headlight is way cooler ha.

Walmarts are everywhere and they prorate after the warranty period. $125 Everstart will be my next.

If you're poor and can only afford one battery, just say you're poor.
That fact that I'm still driving my rusty 2nd gen should answer the poor question itself! I was also young and foolishly ambitious back in '09, and had intentions of compound turbo setup. Oh, and when the original single battery died, I couldn't even afford one, a good friend had a couple reman batteries in his garage from a warranty claim. He gave me one of those!

This is what happens when someone leaves the hold-down loose and the hot post contacts the battery box.....

attachment.php

Attachments

• battery.jpg
    battery.jpg
    309 KB · Views: 0
Back