47rh hp capabilities?

A correctly specd dual disk doesn’t make towing bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had the southbend 3250 organic which is as mild as it gets. I didn't care for the slow shifting, going up hill you lose so much momentum/boost between shifts. Towing with that vs a built 47re is apple to oranges. Build boost from the get go and she's rippin

Just installing a good aftermarket converter will make a night and day difference with the transmission.

Depending what funds allow, drop the transmission and install a converter, find a good used billet input shaft and a billet flex plate. Save some more and swap the valve body with the transmission in the truck. It will be totally different.

Last edited:
I towed with a dual disc for 180K miles...Not that big a deal. Never towed anything bigger than about 10K with a 47 anything transmission that I didn't want to pull my hair out from having 4 crappy gears. Now, a 6 speed automatic is a lot nicer, but anytime I'm really heavy I still miss my manual transmission.

Keep in mind, towing for me is a bit different. Our empty trailer back in my 12v days was 8500lbs and loads were anywhere from that to 45-50K lbs gross. Today, they are a bit heavier since we went to a 40' trailer LOL

Chris

I had the southbend 3250 organic which is as mild as it gets. I didn't care for the slow shifting, going up hill you lose so much momentum/boost between shifts. Towing with that vs a built 47re is apple to oranges. Build boost from the get go and she's rippin

You reminded me of the worst towing nightmare I've ever had last summer. Just a 28' camper and 1500 in the bed, but we followed GPS to Hurricane Mountain road in Conway NH as a "shortcut". I failed to see the sign that said no trailers/large vehicles, meanwhile we were 16-17k and all of about 50' length, whole family in a 300+mile 12 valve. Tight switchbacks going up, grades had to be close to 20% in some spots, no guardrails, no where to turn around. Get to the top running 1st and 2nd gear the whole way up, had to stop and let people coming down a few times. Was really happy I didn't have the auto here. All to find out the road was closed half way and had to turn around in a full parking area and do it all over again.

Times like those make me appreciate a granny 1st gear.

I’ve towed heavy with them all.
They all have their ups and downs. I’d say at the end of the day, I prefer a g56 with a valair street dual disk.

I towed with a dual disc for 180K miles...Not that big a deal. Never towed anything bigger than about 10K with a 47 anything transmission that I didn't want to pull my hair out from having 4 crappy gears. Now, a 6 speed automatic is a lot nicer, but anytime I'm really heavy I still miss my manual transmission.

Keep in mind, towing for me is a bit different. Our empty trailer back in my 12v days was 8500lbs and loads were anywhere from that to 45-50K lbs gross. Today, they are a bit heavier since we went to a 40' trailer LOL

Chris

HOW did you stop that kind of weight with a 12V?

Any kind of panic stops with my 12V and the front tires intermittently lock up and skid. I've had enough pucker butt moments to learn to stay off peoples bumpers with an old 12V

Last edited:
HOW did you stop that kind of weight with a 12V?

Any kind of panic stops with my 12V and the front tires intermittently lock up and skid. I've had enough pucker butt moments to learn to stay off peoples bumpers with an old 12V
Good trailer brakes and driving accordingly be my guess.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Good trailer brakes and driving accordingly be my guess.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Yeah, but there was always a bit of pucker when you had to stop fast. Dodge brakes have always sucked. My 2010 the truck brakes were good, but the factory trailer brake controller sucked ass. If it wasn't for the exhaust brake on it, it would have been junk!

The 12v you just had to rely on the trailer brakes.

Chris

Yeah, but there was always a bit of pucker when you had to stop fast. Dodge brakes have always sucked. My 2010 the truck brakes were good, but the factory trailer brake controller sucked ass. If it wasn't for the exhaust brake on it, it would have been junk!

The 12v you just had to rely on the trailer brakes.

Chris

My 12/13 hybrid brakes were good but yet trash. I’ll second all the factory brake controllers being sh1t.

I've had 8 or 10 Chevy's since that Dodge, and they work great.

Chris

My comment was worded poorly, I meant all dodge controllers. Either that or at the very least all the ones I’ve been around lol

Back