Does PATC make a good converter or.....

Biohmmwv

I'm building two 47RH transmissions and I need converters for them. But, I don't know which brand of converter to go with.

Has anyone had experience with or know anyone who has had experience with PATC transmission converters? TORQUE CONVERTER WITH BILLET ALUMINUM STATOR OPTION

They have a buy one, get one for half off special they have been running. This would work for me as I have two transmissions to build.

A triple disc, billet cover, aluminum stator would be $1,000 each. Or I could go with Goerend for $1,050. Ultimate transmission has a triple disc for $1,200. A local small business by the name of Torque Converter Works also has a triple for $1,200. Torque converter Works uses a Sonnax stator, piston and cover.

So, is Patc any good, or should I go with another Converter builder?

Thank you for your time.

PATC builds some REALLY good **** for drag racing (gas) stuff.
At the level their drag racing stuff is, I'd imagine they have them figured out.
I know there were a few guys running their stuff for 4L80E stuff behind Cummins and Duramax back in the day.

Price is worth the gamble if you ask me! hahaha
I have a Spec-Rite and a DPC. Both good pieces.

You can't go wrong with DPC. Prices are pretty similar so I wouldn't gamble on the PATC stuff. Phil even does one restall for free if you don't get it right the first time.

I used a PATC triple disc a long time ago behind a 700+ hp 6.0 Powerstroke, then pulled it out and put it in a friends Work Stock pull truck. It held up, but I know Andy Warren destroyed a number of them 5-6 years ago.
That all said, for the last 5 years I’ve used DPC exclusively and have no plans of changing.
Another vote for DPC here.

I would also go with DPC. I needed a convertor rebuild in a hurry and he just shipped me one he already had done. One of the nicest guys I've dealt with.

My experience with PATC on diesel stuff is they make good stuff, but they don't make great performance components. If it's DDing sorts of things, they're pretty decent.

Yes, it is for two daily driver/hauling trucks. Thanks everyone for the information. I hadn't heard of DPC before, I'll give them a call.

Call and talk to Phil at DPC. He answers the phone, calls you back, ships when he says he will, one free re-stall, great guy to deal with.
There is a reason so many on this forum are recommending his converters.

Back