Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Vendor Row > Sponsor Forums > Garmon Diesel
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Garmon Diesel Ask Jeff Garmon

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2014, 11:06 AM   #1
Big Swole

Name: Big Swole
Title: MegaInterceptor
Member`s Gallery
Two year warranty on all 3 shafts

Garmons Stage 2 and higher gets a two year warranty on all 3 shafts.
The new Fat Shaft tranny

Click the image to open in full size.
-2006 Honda S2000 - SOS Supercharged - 397 whp - Silverstone Metallic
-2016 RAM 2500 MegaCab Diesel - Silver (Tuned)
-HERS
-2019 718 Boxster S - Miami Blue 6MT, Cobb Tune, Soul, Ohlins,
-2014 958.1 Cayenne S - Umber Metallic / Luxor Beige
-2013 Honda Civic S.i.Coupe - 6MT

Old 06-10-2014, 11:55 AM   #2
slick06

Name: slick06
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
What happened to the other thread?

Old 06-10-2014, 12:10 PM   #3
RascalMafia

Name: RascalMafia
Title: heyyyyyyy girrrrrrrl
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick06 View Post
What happened to the other thread?
It was closed because it was in violation of site rules (posting chit from other boards on here), and we (staff) are all sick of reading the same chit over and over.

This is Garmon's section, so unless there is a question for Jeff regarding the original post, I suggest saving the keystrokes for something that won't earn a free vacation...
'01 F350 7.3 / ZF6

Last edited by RascalMafia; 06-10-2014 at 12:19 PM.

Old 06-10-2014, 12:31 PM   #4
Big Swole

Member`s Gallery
Mod(s)

Any chance we can clean this up?
I fully intend to keep it strictly Garmon business here.

And to answer the one person's question, no I'm not a vendor but Garmon is and I help him post pictures and information sense he does not have the time. It's what a friend does.

Old 06-10-2014, 12:45 PM   #5
Big Swole

Member`s Gallery
Pictures courtesy of Rich At Dog House Diesel.
He has an 06 7040 lb. QC 4x4 making approx. 1300-1400 WHP on a big single and three nitrous kits. His old standard shaft tranny held his abuse just fine. Now he has the new Fat Shaft tranny. A good bit of abuse already on it at the track.

Rich, thank you for the awesome pics and number on the new FS design.

-HERS

Old 06-10-2014, 02:30 PM   #6
slick06

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooter Fingers View Post
It was closed because it was in violation of site rules (posting chit from other boards on here), and we (staff) are all sick of reading the same chit over and over.

This is Garmon's section, so unless there is a question for Jeff regarding the original post, I suggest saving the keystrokes for something that won't earn a free vacation...
Ok well I will ask my question again then. What did Jeff do to fix the issue with breaking shafts to make him want to warranty them for 2 yrs? Just from future reading he had trouble with shafts breaking so just wanted to kno what he found out through his learning to make such a bold statement in regards to the 2yr warranty. Also what are the stipulations to this? Broke shaft no matter what the situation or what stipulations determine if you are covered or not? Thank u!

Old 06-10-2014, 03:05 PM   #7
Big Swole

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick06 View Post
Ok well I will ask my question again then. What did Jeff do to fix the issue with breaking shafts to make him want to warranty them for 2 yrs? Just from future reading he had trouble with shafts breaking so just wanted to kno what he found out through his learning to make such a bold statement in regards to the 2yr warranty. Also what are the stipulations to this? Broke shaft no matter what the situation or what stipulations determine if you are covered or not? Thank u!
Jeff has never had anymore shafts break than any other builder that's been doing business as long as he has. Those claims recently are "hear say" and/or unsubstantiated, as well as skewed by anybody with an agenda (mainly certain competitors).

There are FAR Too many of his towing and competition units out there that have made hundreds of passes and or thousands of miles and are still working just fine, for there to be an issue.

Every brand of shaft as well as every builder has had shafts break. Technology and metal is getting better these days, hence the new designed Garmon fat shaft and the Aermet shaft. But with enough time and abuse these too will eventually fail.

Jeff has been building transmissions and teaching others to build transmissions longer then several of the new companies have even had a business license. In business and on the Internet, attacks like these are unfortunate but common.

As to the alleged "fix", nothing is different by way of his knowledge of building transmissions. Jeff is always trying to make a better product and I'm sure he has his certain secrets as do many. But there are several new tranny builders that have basically taken those secrets (and from other older companies) after disassembling one of his / their units. Jeff has also learned from others. He has never claimed to have known or invented it all.

Jeff is friends with Dave Goerend, Ron at Suncoast, and many others, and they discuss a lot of what goes on inside transmission builds. They were all doing this long before many of the newcomers. What's also funny is Jeff's transmissions and VB's have been in many pasts high horsepower race trucks that are now his competitors. Those transmissions were not even as good as the ones he builds now, yet nobody complained back then.

The new warranty is based on the confidence Jeff has in his product, especially with the new design fat input shaft . Jeff could simply be installing the aremet shaft like many do (it's a great piece!!) , but chose to invest in what he feels is an even stronger piece and will ensure a longer service life.

In the other thread Rich from Doghouse Diesel ran the numbers on Jeff's new fat shaft and based on his calculations is stronger than the aermet shaft. Jeff had to invest quite a bit to get this program started, and feels it is the most superior option. He obviously feels very confident about it and in doing so has offered this new two-year warranty on all three shafts.

The warranty is plainly stated and typed on his website. There is a link in my signature. Please feel free to go there and read it in its entirety. Hopefully it will answer all of your questions. If not, I will certainly try to help you get those answers or you can call Jeff and ask him to give you more detail.

Thank you for listening.
-HERS

Old 06-10-2014, 03:14 PM   #8
slick06

Member`s Gallery
forget it...

Last edited by slick06; 06-10-2014 at 03:22 PM.

Old 06-10-2014, 03:47 PM   #9
Big Swole

Member`s Gallery
His number is on his site, why don't you call and talk to the man and see if he is willing to share his hard fought knowledge with you for free? The call costs you NOTHING, the knowledge cost him over 2 decades!!
-HERS

Old 06-11-2014, 10:27 AM   #10
Big Swole

Member`s Gallery
Just a few vids of Rich's truck (Dog House) and the abuse he puts his tranny through. lol

This vid may have been with his old "standard" size Input shaft that last a Long time. I've have to confirm. He currently has the new Fat Shaft tranny.

Traction problems lol
He was in the beginnings of working on the tune for spooling the bid single.

Last edited by Big Swole; 06-11-2014 at 10:30 AM.

Old 06-11-2014, 10:33 AM   #11
Big Swole

Member`s Gallery
1207 WHP and still working on the tune and all the nitrous kits.

Old 06-11-2014, 10:40 AM   #12
Big Swole

Member`s Gallery
6.89@111mph with very soft launch ( he forgot the nitrous at first lol )

View from mid track after he forgot the giggle button at first.

Old 06-11-2014, 10:47 AM   #13
Big Swole

Member`s Gallery
And yes, things do break!!

Output shaft from 2008 after 900+ HP on the street and track. (He got his moneys worth for sure)

Old 06-11-2014, 11:36 AM   #14
Purn1973

Name: Purn1973
Title: Peeing in the bushes
Member`s Gallery
Just a quick question. The 2 year warranty on shafts for all stage 2 and higher competition transmissions is still at Garmon's discretion, correct?

From the warranty section of Garmon's website:

"Garmon's Diesel Performance, Inc.'s liability under any of the above mentioned products is limited to repair or replacement, at our discretion, of any parts found by Garmon's Diesel Performance to be defective."

Page here:

http://www.garmonsdieseldrivetrain.c...y-details/cdsm

Thanks

Danny Toops, gone but never forgotten

http://www.facebook.com/Purn1973

Old 06-11-2014, 12:04 PM   #15
Jeff2

Name: Jeff2
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purn1973 View Post
Just a quick question. The 2 year warranty on shafts for all stage 2 and higher competition transmissions is still at Garmon's discretion, correct?

From the warranty section of Garmon's website:

"Garmon's Diesel Performance, Inc.'s liability under any of the above mentioned products is limited to repair or replacement, at our discretion, of any parts found by Garmon's Diesel Performance to be defective."

Page here:

http://www.garmonsdieseldrivetrain.c...y-details/cdsm

Thanks
I am certain your question on the warrantee is NOT because you want to buy one! Why don't you play with your keyboard on some other section that you actually have some interest in!

Old 06-11-2014, 12:07 PM   #16
Purn1973

Name: Purn1973
Title: Peeing in the bushes
Member`s Gallery
I was merely asking a question, after all, it would be a shame if ANYONE were to be taken advantage of because of those 3 little words.

Carry on

Danny Toops, gone but never forgotten

http://www.facebook.com/Purn1973

Old 06-11-2014, 12:29 PM   #17
Big Swole

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purn1973 View Post
I was merely asking a question, after all, it would be a shame if ANYONE were to be taken advantage of because of those 3 little words.

Carry on

Your personal attacks on Jeff and Garmons Diesel on this and other websites due to your affiliation with certain haters and a competing transmission builder are duly noted. If you are going to continue the attacks, please do so in other sections besides the Garmons section.

But in an effort to answer your question, I will just say this.

1- Warranty is ALWAYS at the discretion of the manufacurer. If the manufacturer determines that failure was caused by neglect, abuse, lack of maintenance, or other circumstance BEYOND THEIR CONTROL, they have cause to deny a warranty claim.

2- Does the manufacturer of your truck warranty an engine failure if you fail to change the oil? NO! Does the manufacturer have to warranty your electrical system if you add aftermarket electronics and fry the PCM? NO! Does a manufacturer have to warranty ANY product that is deemed to have been damaged due to the owners use and / or modification after it leaves them? NO!

Any warranty is discretionary and should be discussed with the manufacturer if there is a question. Unless it is stated, specified or otherwise implied that a warranty is NO QUESTIONS ASKED, it's discretionary.
-HERS

Old 06-11-2014, 01:30 PM   #18
Amish Elegance

Name: Amish Elegance
Title: Schadenfreude
Member`s Gallery
Jeff and Dave, I don't have a dog in this hunt, nor do I care to put one in it - I've tried to make friends with everybody and skip internet bashing of manufacturers and industry professionals even when they have done me wrong.

Last I knew, I was still friends with you guys. That's why I mention the following: As an unaffiliated 3rd party reading this, the answers to peoples questions are coming off a little harsh. Instead of defending the position as victim of haters so vehemently, take the questions at face value and answer em. It seems like you're being defensive when there is no reason to be as far as I can tell.

Just some friendly advice, WFIW...

03 2500

Thanks to
Engineered Diesel
Thanks to Pure Diesel Power and Mumau Diesel.

How I Post..

Old 06-11-2014, 01:37 PM   #19
Str8_Addiction

Name: Str8_Addiction
Member`s Gallery
In for info..
06 QCSB 4x4 Laramie, EFILive by Innovative Diesel, FirePunk Comp2 48re, stainless diesel t4, s467, 150% over 143* exergy's, ATS Duals, HD springs and rods, 625's, ATS ArcFlo, 5" axle dump, cobalt boost, CTS w/ EAS, Lock-up switch, 10.91@124 on fuel and street tires.

Old 06-11-2014, 01:50 PM   #20
Big Swole

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amish Elegance View Post
Jeff and Dave, I don't have a dog in this hunt, nor do I care to put one in it - I've tried to make friends with everybody and skip internet bashing of manufacturers and industry professionals even when they have done me wrong.

Last I knew, I was still friends with you guys. That's why I mention the following: As an unaffiliated 3rd party reading this, the answers to peoples questions are coming off a little harsh. Instead of defending the position as victim of haters so vehemently, take the questions at face value and answer em. It seems like you're being defensive when there is no reason to be as far as I can tell.

Just some friendly advice, WFIW...

Yes I consider you a friend and always respect your view Sir.
Are you aware of Purn1973's history of attacks? (Not just this site) And his "Train Wreck" thread that is also in clear violation of the site rules concerning other site drama, yet it has remained for 6 months without being deleted.

My thread was deleted after a few days and the 2007 "No other site drama" thread sent to me by way of PM as an FYI as to why.

Please look into this for us and take the Fair Action needed so this seemingly "one sided" bias can be turned into just "Fair" for all. I hate to have to question why is doesn't seem fair, but if it was not intentional, maybe the appropriate action will action will be taken now. There is a constant theme to the ones posting questions here. See their signatures.

Thank you for looking into for us.
-HERS

Last edited by Big Swole; 06-11-2014 at 01:57 PM.

Closed Thread