Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Tech > 94-98 2nd Gen. 12V
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2014, 03:49 PM   #21
JR12

Name: JR12
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
scratch my timing and washer thickness theory.. I posted than researched..

Old 08-30-2014, 11:30 AM   #22
JR12

Member`s Gallery
I've come to the conclusion it is injector related because I tore into my AFC again and everything was fine. I tried my .024 DVs with no better luck. I say injectors because the turbos light late and clean up really fast and I only get 40psi of boost with the wastegate plugged even with everything maxed out. so that's telling me that I don't have enough fuel to create the cylinder pressure to get my secondary spooling is that a possibility or not?

That and these 5x.014 that I have now came from ebay. and we know how we get what we pay for so I have another set coming from DFI and the ones in there now are going to get sent back to him to check out and let me know what I really have.

Old 09-07-2014, 10:45 AM   #23
Gambler

Name: Gambler
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
Any luck with the DFI injectors
#60 springs, FASS 125@55psi, Colt Big Stick , II 62/s475, SD Man ,ARP studs, Fluid Damper, 5x.014 CPP and SB 3250

Old 09-08-2014, 02:51 PM   #24
JR12

Member`s Gallery
I like to get in a hurry and overlook stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambler View Post
Any luck with the DFI injectors
And so the story continues...Swapped injectors out spool didn't get any better at all. just ran very hot. played with the afc to try to tune it out with no luck. At this point i'm starting to get as hot as my egts. so I left the shop for the night and went home to calm down.

I went back to my shop the next day with all intentions of saying the hell with the dtech and putting my 351 on that I have laying around so I started tear down, what I found as I pulled the secondary from the exhaust housing made me giddy as a schoolgirl that got a new flannel skirt. I don't know why I overlooked this when I installed them but there was a casting flaw around the wastegate that prevented it from closing all the way. got the dremel out did a little touchup around that wastegate to make sure it was actually going to seal. threw the turbo back together put a little extra preload on the wastegate and BOOM we are off to the races now.

my second boost gauge and drive pressure gauge will be here tomorrow to fine tune and this is the first time in about 3 months ive been happier than ever with my pickup.

I really appreciate all the help and insight you guys offered me on this one.

Old 09-08-2014, 03:00 PM   #25
JQmile

Name: JQmile
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
Good catch!

Old 09-08-2014, 03:03 PM   #26
JR12

Member`s Gallery
As far as spool where are your compounds beginning to light? I just want to have a benchmark so I have something to shoot for. Im building a few pounds by 1300 but they come ALIVE at 1800. does this seem normal for running a 62 as a secondary or can I get a whole lot more out of it. right now I have it tuned quite well I think. I could probably back off the preboost a little bit. I get a quick big puff of black smoke in 4th at low rpm to WOT but cleans up by 2100rpm and stays clean and pulls hard all the way to 3400. 55psi total boost and 1300 egt by the end of the hard run all the way through the gears

Old 09-13-2014, 09:18 AM   #27
Gasoline Sucks

Name: Gasoline Sucks
Title: slow 12v
Member`s Gallery
time to pile on the fuel!

Old 09-26-2014, 11:16 PM   #28
Gambler

Name: Gambler
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR12 View Post
As far as spool where are your compounds beginning to light? I just want to have a benchmark so I have something to shoot for. Im building a few pounds by 1300 but they come ALIVE at 1800. does this seem normal for running a 62 as a secondary or can I get a whole lot more out of it. right now I have it tuned quite well I think. I could probably back off the preboost a little bit. I get a quick big puff of black smoke in 4th at low rpm to WOT but cleans up by 2100rpm and stays clean and pulls hard all the way to 3400. 55psi total boost and 1300 egt by the end of the hard run all the way through the gears
Glad you found the problem...my setup sounds similar to yours and I have recently been paying attention to my rpm's and smoke. I normally start in 2nd gear and by the time my turbo's spool, I hit 2k very quick and it's time to shift...as long as I don't floor it, I can keep things pretty clean, 3rd, 4th and 5th is a steady pull with big puffs when I shift and cleans up Very quick...not sure on egt's but I can hit 70psi though. I want to change my primary exhaust wheel and turbine housing and go smaller.
#60 springs, FASS 125@55psi, Colt Big Stick , II 62/s475, SD Man ,ARP studs, Fluid Damper, 5x.014 CPP and SB 3250

Closed Thread