truck year recommendation ?

TrxR

If i was to build a cummins street/strip truck that i could still occasionally tow with. Whar year truck would you recommend and what kind of hp could a person run without any nitrous?

That’s a broad question.

Common rail will give you the best rounded package, and I’d start with an 06-early 07 for the least issues with licensing without having to deal with delete/tune issues. Many guys act like that is no problem in their area, but it’s only a matter of time till it can/will be, and if you travel outside your area you can be profiled and ticketed for no emissions equipment on a truck that is “supposed” to have it.

As far as hp without nitrous, it all depends on your budget.

That’s a broad question.

Common rail will give you the best rounded package, and I’d start with an 06-early 07 for the least issues with licensing without having to deal with delete/tune issues. Many guys act like that is no problem in their area, but it’s only a matter of time till it can/will be, and if you travel outside your area you can be profiled and ticketed for no emissions equipment on a truck that is “supposed” to have it.

As far as hp without nitrous, it all depends on your budget.

You realize they can't ticket a vehicle if it's registered in a state that passed inspection just fine right?

A vehicle registered to a different state skirts local rules.

You realize they can't ticket a vehicle if it's registered in a state that passed inspection just fine right?

A vehicle registered to a different state skirts local rules.

Not necessarily.
A guy I know with a deleted and tuned 15 Powerstroke that is licensed in Michigan, got pulled over and ticketed for no dpf in New York. $750
The emissions equipment law is a federal law, not a state or local law. That’s why ticketing for being in violation can happen anywhere.

Last edited:
Not necessarily.
A guy I know with a deleted and tuned 15 Powerstroke that is licensed in Michigan, got pulled over and ticketed for no dpf in New York. $750
The emissions equipment law is a federal law, not a state or local law. That’s why ticketing for being in violation can happen anywhere.

That would be an easy ticket to challenge. Remember federal laws are only enforceable by big brother, aka EPA. Local police are restricted to local laws.

Some states don't have emissions standards.

Interstate commerce and trucking is different.

But if he's like every stereotypical Ford driver he likely was acting like a twat.

Last edited:
Is the 700-900rwhp range obtainable while still being able to tow a couple of times a year?

I have tow'n with that much horsepower. It is pretty easily doable, just not very comforting for some reason.

Ya....about those Ford drivers. Pull your head out, loser.

If you're offended you're in the club of many.....

Gotta come stronger than that!

Did you even throw the L shape with fingers to your firehead when you typed that?

"It's an alumiduty platty BRO" get that dumb **** out of here.

I own an $85k Ford Expedition.... it's a fukkin tinker toy set on wheels with electronics wired by 12yr old asian laborers.

Last edited:
Back