Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Vendor Row > Sponsor Forums > Gene's Amsoil
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 11:43 AM   #1
Sledpuller

Name: Sledpuller
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
SAE 250 Gear Lube for Sled Pullers

And racers..
Guys for comparison, I ran Amsoil 75-140 in my rear diff sledpulling and driving 150,000 miles, and it it is still pulling. The last I looked at it, Jan 2006, ring and pinion were excellent shape.
A lot of you have much more power now, than I did, and you may think you need the extra protection.
I wouldn't use the 250 for a daily driver.
Amsoil does not allow pricing on the net, so pm or email me. gene@sledpuller.com

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION
AMSOIL Severe Gear Synthetic SAE 190 and SAE 250 Gear Lubricants are premium grade, extreme pressure gear lubes engineered specifically for the demands of severe racing conditions. They are formulated with shear stable, heavy synthetic base oils for “high film strength” and extra heavy treatments of additives.
Their synthetic formulations provide improved flow over conventional oils, reducing viscous drag and power loss.
Severe Gear SAE 190 and SAE 250 Gear Lubes provide a barrier cushion between metal surfaces that absorbs impact. AMSOIL proprietary extreme pressure additives form an iron-sulfide barrier coating on gear surfaces for the ultimate line of defense against wear, pitting and scoring.

PERFORMANCE
AMSOIL Severe Gear Synthetic SAE 190 and SAE 250 Gear Lubricants are specifically engineered for high horsepower, high torque conditions where centrifugal gear lube sling-off is encountered. These tenacious formulations cling to gears and bearings for the best possible protection during shock loading, high G-forces and where pinion gears are installed at steep angles. Custom Severe Gear Synthetic Gear Lubricants provide exceptional reliability and extended gear life.

• Protects gears from shock loading and tire shake
• Resists sling-off from G-forces and high speeds
• Clings to gears - high pinion style and at steep angles
• Promotes cooler operating temperatures
• Protects against rust and corrosion
• Extends gear and bearing life

APPLICATIONS
AMSOIL Severe Gear Synthetic SAE 190 and SAE 250 Gear Lubricants are excellent for severe differential applications, including off-road truck racing, rock racing, rock crawling, tractor pulling, funny car racing and dragster racing. Other severe duty applications include heavy duty trucks and equipment where increased lubricant film is necessary. These oils are recommended for use in hypoid gear differentials and other applications requiring a high viscosity, API GL-5 gear lube. Where limited slip performance is required, use AMSOIL Slip-Lock® limited slip additive.
TYPICAL TECHNICAL PROPERTIES
Severe Gear® Synthetic Off-Road and Drag Racing Gear Lubricant SAE 250 (SRT)

SAE 250
Kinematic Viscosity @ 100°C, cSt (ASTM D-445)

Kinematic Viscosity @ 40°C, cSt (ASTM D-445)

502.7 (Compare to Amsoil 75W-140 of VI 174)
Viscosity Index (ASTM D-2270)

Flash Point °C (°F) (ASTM D 92) 150°C Min.

222 (432)
Pour Point °C (°F) (ASTM D 97)

-26 (-15)
Copper Corrosion (ASTM D-130) 2a Max. @ 121 °C (250°F)/3hr.

1b
Falex Procedure B (ASTM D-3233) (failure load, lbf.)

Four Ball Wear Test
(ASTM D4172B @ 40 kgf, 75 °C, 1200 rpm, 1 hr), Scar, mm

Service Life
AMSOIL Severe Gear Synthetic SAE 190 and SAE 250 Gear Lubricants are intended for severe racing and other applications where extended drain intervals are not beneficial. AMSOIL recommends changing the lubricant as conditions dictate. Where extended drain intervals are desired, AMSOIL recommends monitoring by oil analysis.
Amsoil sold here
fairtax.org
"I love it when a poser intellection drivels himself into oblivion.."Inimmo77"post Bish and quit staring at the fing screen"jponder

Closed Thread