Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Entrance Gate- Welcome to Competition Diesel > Multimedia > Video
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Video A Place For Question's and Comments on Videos.

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2015, 12:26 PM   #21
oldestof11

Name: oldestof11
Title: Drag racer
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecc_33 View Post
How phuckin dumb. You not only put your life in danger but the guy next to you. I hope you got charged for track cleanup for a stunt like that. You new it was a matter of time. How can you be proud of that. I bet that lane was **** most of the day. Its guys like you that make us look bad at the track. Every drag racer that day most likely has a sore azz now for diesels drag racing because of crap like this.
I've seen built Civics and BBC powered rails blow up at the track. It is not like he had a bed full of horse chit and dusted the track with the AC on.

Old 05-25-2015, 02:15 PM   #22
JasonCzerak

Name: JasonCzerak
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
i took my TDI to the track, broke motor mount and a few other pieces that were left on the track. **** happens.

Old 05-25-2015, 02:34 PM   #23
f6jbob

Name: f6jbob
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95cummins5.9 View Post
No brakes^
You missed my point completely. When you blow something you head to the edge of the track farthest from your competitors lane. It not only helps with the clean up it gives the other guy a chance to dodge the chit and not run over something. Brakes or no brakes, just sayin.
2006 RCSB Dodge Goerend tranny and converter, Stainless Diesel twins and exhaust manifold, B&B intake manifold, T&C Diesel CP3, rail and dual prv, Hellman intercooler, Porting by Joker Fabrication, Isspro Performax gauges, AirDog fuel pump. Supported by Pure Diesel Power, Garmons Diesel Performance, Blacks Diesel Performance and above vendors.

Old 05-25-2015, 02:48 PM   #24
Beat68CST

Name: Beat68CST
Title: HP & $$
Member`s Gallery
I would say "you should have pulled over good going for oiling down the track!"

BUT.

It's not fun when **** gets that loose, you're not thinking about pullin it right the phuck over, you're trying to keep it straight, off the wall and in your lane.

My first time racing was a few years back, the family's BBC 67 Vette, old Modified Eliminator car, weighed like 3700 lbs, drum brakes, 2" .125 wall main loop for the cage, old school as hell. I forgot to zip tie a trans cooler line back up, it layed over about mid pass, burnt through right in the lights. I never felt the car move or anything, it got a tad bit of smoke in the car so I click it in neutral, coast, fire it up, get movin again down the return road, click, etc.

I come up to the time slip booth, retard handing out tickets asks me "Is your car leaking?" I'm just like "I don't know! I can't see behind the f*cker!"

I get out, you can see everytime I fired the car back up going down the return road... ...

Some tech guy that think he knows everything comes over, starts chewing my ass. Asks me wtf I was thinking. I honestly just thought the rear tires might have been rubbing the frame rail, the car had 5/8" wheel spacers to keep the tires from rubbing.

ANYWAYS, I cleaned up the return road with kitty litter and a broom for about an hour, luckily a buddy helped me, the track people were working on the ass end of the track.

Put a barb in the trans line, filled up the old Turbo 400, went to a "secret" location out in the pits, put it on the brake, it was fine. Sunday came around, went 3 rounds in the 11.70 index my first time out!

My dad even chewed my ass for wheel racing and not knowing how fast the car would go! lol...

2007 Megacab 6.7l
1968 C20 12v pile of parts.

Old 05-25-2015, 02:50 PM   #25
06 5.9

Name: 06 5.9
Title: *MIC DROPPER*
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by f6jbob View Post
You missed my point completely. When you blow something you head to the edge of the track farthest from your competitors lane. It not only helps with the clean up it gives the other guy a chance to dodge the chit and not run over something. Brakes or no brakes, just sayin.
Easy to judge someone when your not in the situation... I would like to see you pull over at 120mph when the truck is heading towards the wall right away.

Last edited by 06 5.9; 05-25-2015 at 02:51 PM.

Old 05-25-2015, 03:31 PM   #26
Scooter's Roofing

Name: Scooter's Roofing
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
How phuckin dumb. You not only put your life in danger but the guy next to you. I hope you got charged for track cleanup for a stunt like that. You new it was a matter of time. How can you be proud of that. I bet that lane was **** most of the day. Its guys like you that make us look bad at the track. Every drag racer that day most likely has a sore azz now for diesels drag racing because of crap like this.
then you've got this ****ing guy who runs mid 11's with a fully built combo running his dick sucker like he's god's gift to drag racing...

You mad that your $20k short block couldn't change the diaper on his junk motor?

did you cuss out Miliken for watering down the track recently?

Old 05-25-2015, 03:32 PM   #27
Scooter's Roofing

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06 5.9 View Post
Easy to judge someone when your not in the situation... I would like to see you pull over at 120mph when the truck is heading towards the wall right away.
everybody can win the superbowl from their arm chair, didn't ya know?

Old 05-25-2015, 03:44 PM   #28
RyanMayo

Name: RyanMayo
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter's Roofing View Post
then you've got this ****ing guy who runs mid 11's with a fully built combo running his dick sucker like he's god's gift to drag racing...
now that's funny!

I just love how the more accomplished someone is, the more likely they are to get ragged on for the method they used to get to where they are. Working hard just doesn't pay off like it used to I guess...

I'm with swole on the issue; I can see both sides. But, god damn it ecc_33, you gotta have some couth about it.

Old 05-25-2015, 04:31 PM   #29
JasonCzerak

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
You have no idea who you're talking to do you? He's one of those that has forgotten more things about drag racing the you'll ever know. I'd sit back and learn little before you open your trap again.

Last edited by JasonCzerak; 05-25-2015 at 04:34 PM.

Old 05-25-2015, 04:52 PM   #30
06 5.9

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonCzerak View Post
You have no idea who you're talking to do you? He's one of those that has forgotten more things about drag racing the you'll ever know. I'd sit back and learn little before you open your trap again.
Oh I'm sorry I didn't realize he was so much better than me that gives him the right to down grade my abilities and how I controlled the truck on the track.

Old 05-25-2015, 05:00 PM   #31
Scooter's Roofing

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Has he forgoten what it's like when your engine explodes at 120mph and the truck starts getting loose on you?

But yeah, pulling over once you get it straightened out and slowed down to 100mph is the courteous thing to do. that way you only oil down one side of the lane. If there's any oil left, of course...

Old 05-25-2015, 05:10 PM   #32
06 5.9

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Has he forgoten what it's like when your engine explodes at 120mph and the truck starts getting loose on you?

But yeah, pulling over once you get it straightened out and slowed down to 100mph is the courteous thing to do. that way you only oil down one side of the lane. If there's any oil left, of course...
Believe me it was on my mind... If there was a place to pull over to and I was able to slow down I would have... I'm sorry I'm not as perfect as many wish me to be but stuff happens outside of our control... I'm just happy I'm here to tell the story... Along with the other driver.

Old 05-25-2015, 05:21 PM   #33
ecc_33

Name: ecc_33
Title: Amanda, Ohio
Member`s Gallery
Quote:

You mad that your $20k short block couldn't change the diaper on his junk motor? More like 10k in the complete engine phuck wad :confused:

did you cuss out Miliken for watering down the track recently?
Your a puckin douche. I didn't say my truck was gods gift to anything. I simply stated that someone running a truck KNOWING at any given time it was a time bomb should have pulled the plug or dialed it back to a power level that would hold up until money they could build the combo to be more reliable. Yeah sheet does happen and sheet does blow up. When you pretty much know you are going to blow up any point and time why keep on racing when theres more in danger than yourself? Did Miliken know he was going to water down the track? No. Did said subject know he was going to blow the phuckin engine to pieces at any given pass? Yes. I pulled my truck off the track last fall for a oil leak. It is bad and haven't and won't be back until I fix it knowing that a race car or street car on slicks could get loose and bad sheet could happen over something stupid. C'mon guys. Yea this truck is fast and makes big power. Lets not show the public how stupid we are by blowing up stock blocks at the track and dangering people by doing so.
S475, ATS tranny parts, ATS Dual Fuelers,FASS 95gph tuff country lift, SD parts, Carrillo rods, H11 head studs, 60% over injectors, Custom BES heads and machine work, hamilton valve springs, ATI damper 11.63 at 116mph

Last edited by ecc_33; 05-25-2015 at 05:25 PM.

Old 05-25-2015, 05:23 PM   #34
TheBac

Name: TheBac
Title: UPS guy
Member`s Gallery
It is interesting not having brakes or decent steering at that mph. Just shred a belt during a race. Thats an eye-opener, for sure.

My comment was b/c one time a while back, I was up against a guy with a Fummins who blew a turbo during the race. He was faster than I, and it happened while in front of me. Its very tough to see thru white smoke like that, not to mention the water/oil he was spewing down the track. I backed way off, and we were lucky he didnt do something stupid. At first I felt sorry for him, but when I found out he did it on purpose, well lets just say I wasnt too happy about that and let him know it.

Not in any way am I saying 06 5.9 was doing that or that what happened was on purpose. I just know it from the other's POV.
None of us want to see carnage, as it cost $$ to fix...but it is a fact of life running these trucks. Im just thankful we arent talking about wrecked trucks or hurt people considering the damage.

2017 Buick Regal 2.0T -- the DD

Last edited by TheBac; 05-25-2015 at 05:26 PM.

Old 05-25-2015, 05:26 PM   #35
06 5.9

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Your a puckin douche. I didn't say my truck was gods gift to anything. I simply stated that someone running a truck KNOWING at any given time it was a time bomb should have pulled the plug or dialed it back to a power level that would hold up until money they could build the combo to be more reliable. Yeah sheet does happen and sheet does blow up. When you pretty much now you are going to blow up any point and time why keep on racing when theres more in danger than yourself? Did Miliken know he was going to water down the track? No. Did said subject know he was going to blow the phuckin engine to pieces at any given pass? Yes. I pulled my truck off the track last fall for a oil leak. It is bad and haven't and won't be back until I fix it knowing that a race car or street car on slicks could get loose and bad sheet could happen over something stupid.....
Ok so what would you say if it was a built engine and blew up the same way?

Old 05-25-2015, 05:33 PM   #36
ecc_33

Member`s Gallery
That's comparing apples to oranges. Would you put stock 5.9 rods in a "built" engine to hold 1200 hp?
S475, ATS tranny parts, ATS Dual Fuelers,FASS 95gph tuff country lift, SD parts, Carrillo rods, H11 head studs, 60% over injectors, Custom BES heads and machine work, hamilton valve springs, ATI damper 11.63 at 116mph

Old 05-25-2015, 05:35 PM   #37
ecc_33

Member`s Gallery
My engine could let go tomorrow or at the track the next time. No one can control that. My point is. You knew that thing was going to blow up at any point in time with your power level and instead of dialing it back to a safe level until you built a good short block or chilling out for awhile you choose to grenade it at the track. Nothing more nothing less.

Old 05-25-2015, 05:39 PM   #38
06 5.9

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
My engine could let go tomorrow or at the track the next time. No one can control that. My point is. You knew that thing was going to blow up at any point in time with your power level and instead of dialing it back to a safe level until you built a good short block or chilling out for awhile you choose to grenade it at the track. Nothing more nothing less.
thank you for saying that... Again my "built" engine that has carrillos could blow the first time going down the track once it's back together... And I didn't "choose" anything...

Old 05-25-2015, 05:45 PM   #39
JasonCzerak

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Oh I'm sorry I didn't realize he was so much better than me that gives him the right to down grade my abilities and how I controlled the truck on the track.

Yip. Typical kid. 25 and knows all. Your daddy must be proud.

Old 05-25-2015, 05:48 PM   #40
06 5.9

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Yip. Typical kid. 25 and knows all. Your daddy must be proud.
I'm not saying I know it all... Never have... My dads a pos and hasn't been around for a long time.

Closed Thread