Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Entrance Gate- Welcome to Competition Diesel > Multimedia > Video
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Video A Place For Question's and Comments on Videos.

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2015, 05:53 PM   #41
diesel_importer

Name: diesel_importer
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
I don't Think he KNEW it was going to blow any pass.

BTW, Forrest, I bout lost it reading your comment!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 05-25-2015, 06:15 PM   #42
JasonCzerak

Name: JasonCzerak
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06 5.9 View Post
I'm not saying I know it all... Never have... My dads a pos and hasn't been around for a long time.

It shows.

Old 05-25-2015, 06:22 PM   #43
Big Swole

Name: Big Swole
Title: MegaInterceptor
Member`s Gallery
Man I'm glad to see CompD thread wars haven't changed. lol

Flame on.

But, as a person that's blown blocks apart at WOT and at speed (two times on the street), I can say that not much can prepare you for that Noise, Feeling, MORE Noise, and the pucker factor of ALL of the fluids (oil, tranny, antifreeze) hitting the rear tires!!!

I know Jim L. and he's my hero at drag racing. I also know he wasn't trying to be mean or rude with his comment. He was simply sharing his thought on proper track etiquette for breakages. I know he's had a few too..

But in defense of Jim R., that was his first ( I think ) Swoled block at speed. I can only imagine it took him a few seconds just to unpucker and have rational thought again after that.

Unless you've had it happen to you and know how Violent an experience it is, it would be very hard to judge how fast someone should be able to react just simply from watching a video.

I'm simply glad to be alive after my few explosions at speed. I'm sure Jim is too.
-2006 Honda S2000 - SOS Supercharged - 397 whp - Silverstone Metallic
-2016 RAM 2500 MegaCab Diesel - Silver (Tuned)
-HERS
-2019 718 Boxster S - Miami Blue 6MT, Cobb Tune, Soul, Ohlins,
-2014 958.1 Cayenne S - Umber Metallic / Luxor Beige
-2013 Honda Civic S.i.Coupe - 6MT

Old 05-25-2015, 06:47 PM   #44
Lucky Jeff

Name: Lucky Jeff
Title: Stock Sucks
Member`s Gallery
I knew that reply was coming eventually. The guy did know his engine was going to blow. No one can deny that. Comparing a stock engine to a built engine is a bit, stupid. So everyone talking about built engines grenading at the track really don't get the issue here. Doesn't sound like money is a problem either.
02 Grand Cherokee - ummmmm?
http://www.facebook.com/JBrentson

Old 05-25-2015, 06:52 PM   #45
06 5.9

Name: 06 5.9
Title: *MIC DROPPER*
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Jeff View Post
I knew that reply was coming eventually. The guy did know his engine was going to blow. No one can deny that. Comparing a stock engine to a built engine is a bit, stupid. So everyone talking about built engines grenading at the track really don't get the issue here. Doesn't sound like money is a problem either.
Yes you are right... I knew eventually it would... I never denied that... When and where was the part we didn't know... And I'm sorry about the stupid comment between a stock engine and built engine but I'm just trying to say just because it's built doesn't mean it will never blow..

Sorry if I offended anyone... My purpose here was just to share my experience of what happened... Not why it did, or where... I have a new engine that was just finished getting machine work done to the block.

My intentions with this engine are to push the truck into 9's... Safely

Old 05-25-2015, 06:56 PM   #46
Lucky Jeff

Name: Lucky Jeff
Title: Stock Sucks
Member`s Gallery
As was said, **** happens. No one was hurt, and you're taking the ridicule pretty Damn well, lol. Sounds like the new engine was ready just in time. At least you got good video of it.
02 Grand Cherokee - ummmmm?
http://www.facebook.com/JBrentson

Old 05-25-2015, 08:59 PM   #47
jlibert

Name: jlibert
Member`s Gallery
I see both sides of the arguement here.

But, we're still in the infancy of what is capable with good tuning. A few years back, you'd be on borrowed time above 8-900 hp. I don't think anybody could predict with any certainty when and where his engine would grenade.

there are a couple other stock bottom end trucks north of 1000 hp that are still together and being thrashed on daily. Although I personally wouldn't have risked my safety, and the safety of others, i appreciate that he pushed it to the limit and posted the results for all to see.

Last edited by jlibert; 05-25-2015 at 09:00 PM.

Old 05-25-2015, 10:00 PM   #48
6 speed 90

Name: 6 speed 90
Title: Drunken hillbilly
Member`s Gallery
Ok I see the points being made by both side's, that being said I've been in the shoes of the guy in the other lane and the guy trying to keep it out of the wall on separate occasions.

Now with the being said.... it is hard AF to pull over at 120 + or - mph without brakes, In my ls1 powered s10 I snapped a u joint (just replaced a week prior) that took out my fuel tank and about every line under there.

I hosed the track down with fluids did everything I could and still tapped the wall, I apologized to the guy next to me and helped clean his car and that was it.

Story two is I had a kid next to me in his duramax window his block, I took a piston, rod and who knows what else to my truck, found out that he had been spraying it way to much trying to beat my truck. He never attempted to say anything or help afterwards.

06 5.9 was pushing the limits of the bottom end yes, maybe to much to long probably, but don't we all in one way or the other? At least everyone walked away safely.

We all push a limit one way or the other, he probably learned what to do from now on. Don't haze the guy for what happened, he had a well tuned truck that put down awesome numbers!!

I can't say I wouldn't have taken that truck to the track and did the samething....

What you judge people for, you could be judged for also in one way or the other.

You all know the day the cr finally beats the dinosaur all these tickle by wire guys are going to look like a bunch of virgins on prom night busting their first nut! There won't be a dry keyboard in this place

Last edited by 6 speed 90; 05-25-2015 at 10:04 PM.

Old 05-25-2015, 11:04 PM   #49
Scooter's Roofing

Name: Scooter's Roofing
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 speed 90 View Post
What you judge people for, you could be judged for also in one way or the other.
so you're saying other people might judge me for being a condescending asshole?

Old 05-26-2015, 07:35 AM   #50
6 speed 90

Name: 6 speed 90
Title: Drunken hillbilly
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter's Roofing View Post
so you're saying other people might judge me for being a condescending asshole?
You never know. . . If they judge you, I am right there with you...

You all know the day the cr finally beats the dinosaur all these tickle by wire guys are going to look like a bunch of virgins on prom night busting their first nut! There won't be a dry keyboard in this place

Old 05-26-2015, 11:52 AM   #51
Scooter's Roofing

Name: Scooter's Roofing
Member`s Gallery
no, I'm saying I'm guilty of judging others and not counting to three

Old 05-26-2015, 12:04 PM   #52
lorendiesel5.9

Name: lorendiesel5.9
Title: OG Hunnybadger
Member`s Gallery
The guy has a built engine almost completed or maybe finished at the machine shop. Ever try to make one last race to keep your points up or anything like that?

97 #12vqclbmafia slipping auto

00 Pete 378 12.7 Detroit 10spd

03 Pete 379 6NZ Caterpillar 18spd

Old 05-26-2015, 12:32 PM   #53
wideopen

Name: wideopen
Title: Slum Lord
Member`s Gallery
OK guys. I think there are two sides to the Story. Yes Oiling down the track is bad, should he have pulled to the side...yes if it's safe. Did he know the motor was going to Grenade, should he have dialed it back maybe, but with multiple passes on same set up it's hard to say.

He oiled down the track, it happens, I've seen way to many people oil/water the track down. At Pinks all Out while in the staging lanes with 3 passes in front of us we watched the track get oiled twice. That sucked.

I think both sides need to take a Chill pill. We all take that risk when we pull to the line.

Thanks guys.

Hellmann Performance ~ Keating Machine ~ Engineered Diesel ~ Mumau Diesel ~ GoGo Diesel ~ Hamilton Cams ~ Diesel Innovations ~ Grand Rock Exhaust ~ Smarty

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Molon labe
#FTCS

Old 05-26-2015, 12:44 PM   #54
diesel_importer

Name: diesel_importer
Member`s Gallery
I'm kinda disappointed I just now figured out who fj6bob is.......... I had no idea Jim was on here.

Old 05-26-2015, 02:10 PM   #55
biggy238

Name: biggy238
Member`s Gallery
Which Jim is it? I used to know but haven't kept up.
I should remember from TDR days

05.5 Campanella White TDi Jetta 5spd 45.5MPG
-Little Sexy
'10 Silver F250 CCLB 4X4 6.4L cummins Swapped
Insta @trash.panda250

Old 05-26-2015, 05:20 PM   #56
Big Swole

Name: Big Swole
Title: MegaInterceptor
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggy238 View Post
Which Jim is it? I used to know but haven't kept up.
I should remember from TDR days

Layden
-2006 Honda S2000 - SOS Supercharged - 397 whp - Silverstone Metallic
-2016 RAM 2500 MegaCab Diesel - Silver (Tuned)
-HERS
-2019 718 Boxster S - Miami Blue 6MT, Cobb Tune, Soul, Ohlins,
-2014 958.1 Cayenne S - Umber Metallic / Luxor Beige
-2013 Honda Civic S.i.Coupe - 6MT

Old 05-26-2015, 05:38 PM   #57
hondarider

Name: hondarider
Member`s Gallery
I'm just happy jim didn't wreck the truck. I was with him at the event and our intention wasn't to drive 4+ hrs to grenade his motor. Chit happens on to bigger better things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 05-26-2015, 06:34 PM   #58
zfaylor

Name: zfaylor
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
I can't remember a trip to the strip where I didn't see a vehicle oil down the track. Most times it was multiple vehicles. It happens. It sucks to wait for track cleanup but you don't think the guy who oiled it down doesn't feel like a complete dik?

At least it is a quick and legit truck. I can't tell you how many busty azz 2nd gens with a bed full of beer cans and truck nuts hanging off of the back spray the track down with atf or coolant because their "built" 12 valves didn't hold together. The ragged out junk diesels I see running down the track with a blistering 18 second quarter spewing fluids gives us a bad name. Not the guy with a 1000+hp truck that has made numerous passes at a strip who happened to have an engine let go. He didn't spray a stock charger to 1000hp he actually has some thought in his build.

You want to see an example of what I am talking about? Go to bunker hill during any of their diesel drags and be ready to dirt/oil drag by the end of the day from all of the badazz "farm trucks" destroying the track.

North American Turbo

Old 05-26-2015, 08:12 PM   #59
TLyons90

Name: TLyons90
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
Holy b**** fest! Makes people think twice before posting cool stuff on here because how much other people like to run their mouth.

Jim you are doing big things and making a lot or records happen so keep doing what your doing and don't hold back!!!

Sold: To Many To List

Old 05-26-2015, 08:46 PM   #60
Marq92

Name: Marq92
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLyons90 View Post
Holy b**** fest! Makes people think twice before posting cool stuff on here because how much other people like to run their mouth.
I agree.

I've been watching Jim on the Tube of You since the beginning. Keep it up man!
2001.0 QCLB 3500 4x4 3.55 Toyo M-55 255/85R16 Brown's/Goerend 48RE sonnax shafts/maxed count Alto clutches Carli/Deaver 3.0 EMF BJ's PSC 6 bolt box Synergy steering TheRetroShop HID projector retrofit VLED's DC Power 180A alternator W-T ground mod ISSPRO EV2's

Closed Thread