Software Upgrade for the 6.7 liter 2007

Drummer1

Wise Beyond my years
I just recently got my truck not even a month ago after it was ordered from DODGE and it was made in Mexico, I was told it would take 6-8 weeks and finally it arrived on the 10 week, anyway, over the past few weeks I got a check engine light, I brought it to the dealership and they told me that it was a glitch, and that they cleared out the codes, well a few days ago the check engine light came on again, so I brought it back and explained that this now needs to be fixed for good, well as of today I called the dealer to check the status of the truck, and they told me that there was a NEW software upgrade that was released as of yesturday 8-22-07 and they were installing it, and in fact that would clear any issues.
I just wanted to let everyone know that if this has been an issue you may want to take it to the dealer to get this upgrade.

Last edited:
Do you the tsb number or equivelant. Just something to go to the dealer with. Because of sites like this I am usually ahead of my dealer.

2rowdy said:
Do you the tsb number or equivelant. Just something to go to the dealer with. Because of sites like this I am usually ahead of my dealer.
the Dealer only told me that they had to upgrade the computer no other info was provided?

Look on the ecm or pcm it will usually have a dealer TSB alert with the upgraded number on it......

(This alerts other dealers who may work on it that the TSB Flash has been done already)

lith ur talking about led me to new turbo 3computers overheating and at 3000miles lemon law got me a 2008bluechip 3500 6.7

I am having the same problem with mine. 07 model 6.7
Engine light came on at 2500 miles first time. They put the new download in it and said that would take care of the problem. At 4000 miles it came on again. EGR clogged again. Put the latest download in. That lasted until 12,500 miles. I just got home from the dealer 10 minutes ago with yet another LATEST VERSION OF THE DOWNLOAD and guess what. They said this one would fix it for sure. We'll see.
Darrell

My cel came on again Thursday so I went by the dealer. Turns out my egr valve was hitting the soundproofing under the hood knocking the sensor a little loose thats why cel was going on and off. Solution- put new valve on and cut hole in soundproofing if light comes on again.

Back