Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech- General Diesel > General Diesel Tech
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar

General Diesel Tech Farm equipment, Medium Duty, Big Rigs, and other General discussion can be found in here.

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2014, 04:42 PM   #1
cj41190

Name: cj41190
Title: detroit power
Member`s Gallery
freightliner with 240 ISB not start

so far I'm baffled with this truck have a 2002 freightliner fl60 with a 240hp cummins/ Alison 6 speed. no really history on it its an ex ambulance. it cranks for days but has no power to the ignition circuit, no electric fuel pump no air box heaters. jumped up the list pump and got it primed up and bleed the air out of the injectors but docent start. one odd thing is that I've never seen this much fuel come out of the lines while bleeding them, i mean huge amounts. on the cry of the dash cluster is says NO ENG in the display, dose that mean anything to anybody? no real diagram on what relays/fuses do what on this thing.

only thing i am fairly certain with these trucks is the eng harness is a std cummins part that plugs into the cab and chassis. dose any one know what wire/pin should be ignition 12v+?

90 wrangler, 4.0 5 speed on 35's

Old 04-02-2014, 07:23 PM   #2
cumminstech2010

Name: cumminstech2010
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
Pin 5 of engine harness connector is key switch input to ECM. From the sounds of it you have an issue with the key switch input to the ECM. The grid heaters are controlled off of the oem side of the ECM and the lift pump is ran off the engine side of the ECM. Either that or you've lost unswitched battery power to ECM. Unswitched power wires pins 39 39 40 unswitched grounds (battery ground for ECM) pins 20 28 29

They call me Barney

Last edited by cumminstech2010; 04-02-2014 at 07:25 PM.

Old 04-03-2014, 12:12 PM   #3
cj41190

Name: cj41190
Title: detroit power
Member`s Gallery
i prodded around with a meter last night. i have 12v at the fuse panel inside the cab @ the terminal marked ignition so i guess problem seems to be on motor harness and or the motor/chassis connectors. i will check ecm pins next this truck has tons of ground wires bolted to the frame so could be a missing ground somewhere. I know the neutral safety switch brakes the ground, but thought it was just ground on start solenoid. the the amount of extra electrical is staggering on this unit, between the lights, sirens separate heat and ac system, and the 300 amp alternator they have mounted on it.

90 wrangler, 4.0 5 speed on 35's

Closed Thread