Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Entrance Gate- Welcome to Competition Diesel > Introductions.
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Introductions. Take a moment to Introduce yourself here. Tell us about yourself and your rig!

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2017, 07:30 PM   #1
bluedodge22

Name: bluedodge22
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
Staying old school in NC

Hello,
Coming to the forum to increase overall usefulness of my truck. Had it a long time and trying to make it a better heavy towing rig. It is a 1998 mostly stock 2500 4x4 5sp Quad recently converted to a 3500 with 1997 donor 3.54 axle. Truck has 137k miles. 4 inch MBRP, stock turbo, 90HP DAP VOC injectors, towing clutch Southbend, 10 plate and fuel dialed back to keep my temps down. BHAF. Love the newer trucks but mine gets it done and it has been paid off for 12 years now.
Thanks
Quinn

Old 09-13-2017, 07:00 AM   #2
06 DIESEL

Name: 06 DIESEL
Title: Dead Eye Firearms LLC
Member`s Gallery
If you use the truck to tow and still have the stock charger with those fueling modification you are going to want to upgrade the charger for sure. Lots of good options out there, I would start on the second gen 12 valve section of the site.

My rig - 2021 Mega 3500 SRW

My Classic - 79 Chevy Silverado

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonA View Post
Trucks are like women. Sometimes you just need to spend money on them to keep them happy.

Old 09-13-2017, 07:03 AM   #3
Mooner1

Name: Mooner1
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
You have come to the right place. Welcome to CompD!

Old 09-13-2017, 06:10 PM   #4
bluedodge22

Name: bluedodge22
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
Thanks for the welcome guys. My intention is to find the right turbo to keep my EGT's more manageable. I do ok watching everything on hills and my power is great. More than enough that is seems the engine will pull the trans out from under with 15k pounds pulling in the mountains, BUT it could use a better cooling turbo, but I really don't know what will work best with minimal to no mods.

Closed Thread