Where are our manufacturer's and vendor's?

We will have another entry in this by next week. James Oneal Dodge will be mailing Jeff a check asap. I just hope we can get their project done in time, lol. Its all coming out of mine/Oneals pockets to build this thing. I haven't ask anybody for any free parts, but I have told lots of vendors/manufacturers about this deal and what it takes to be a part of it. And oddly enough, the majority of them have not been interested or wanted to help in any way. If I were a big name vendor or manufacturer, Id want my stuff on as many trucks as possible in this race. I have a feeling there will be a LOT of companies trying to get in after they see how big this is gonna be. And by then, it may be too late. I would like to mention the people that have offered us help so far. Big thanks to Dave Goerend, Bob Wagner and Geno's Garage(for Aron's truck).

Turbo Builders, we still need three turbos!!!!!!!!!! (haha, is this the right way to beg? Never done it before)

to play the other side ........ theres not to many manufactures or vendors miles long that everyone has different parts to choose from.....all the trucks are gonna have / be running the top brands already!!!!

i do think weight is also an issue..... we have a dakota that now needs to get to 6k lbs:bang:hehe:
-even my race truck needs a good bunch of weight to meet 6k

and $500 is still a good amount of money considering the costs for travel/lodging/ truck builds/ considering this economy

i plan on being there...... but it wouldnt stop me from dealling with smarty/mamau/ goerend .......... if i didnt see there names there

also - this is the first race...... if/when it gets big/ gets publicity.... people will be jumping on board like crazy

my .02

Last edited:
I know you have helped me out tons with my truck and I know many others that you have helped out also. Sending $500 off won't make you any better or worse. Save the money for the time machine!

Id have to agree, especially being called out like that and its been HOW LONG since this race has been planned? Couple weeks? WHENS THE RACE? Quite a few months away, im sure more vendors will jump on board but im sure they are sitting back to see how big this race is gonna be. Calling out vendors sure isnt going to help this race and will probably make some give you the old. :shake: JMO

Jeff (mumau) if you do or dont sponsor, you wont lose my buisness or any others.

I read the first post in this thread and just shook my head. Maybe Ya'll ought to get better jobs so you can afford your hobby instead of trying to put a gun the the head of all the people that try and make a living by selling performance parts.

i think gary was just trying to make the point, that he would like to see more manufacturers and vendors at this event. but it is still early, and i,am sure alot of big names will be there.there,s nothing wrong with kicking it up a notch.

I read the first post in this thread and just shook my head. Maybe Ya'll ought to get better jobs so you can afford your hobby instead of trying to put a gun the the head of all the people that try and make a living by selling performance parts.

I make enough money to support my racing habit. I am just pointing out that all of the vendor's I've personally spoke to kind of gave me the yawn approach to any type of support. I'm not putting a gun to anyone's head, just don't understand the lack of interest. Maybe my choice of word's were not what you might have used. Either way, I'm going to support the people that WANT to be involved. I personally buy every Cummins part that need from Jeff @ Mumau and will continue to do so. I work a 40 hour a week job that pays my bill's, and I own a small diesel performance shop that support's my hobby quite nicely. I have noticed a significant down turn in both racers and attendance at event's in the last two years. I see the industry and sport that I love going into the crapper. If you don't agree to at least part of what I said maybe you should open your eye's. It take's both money and support from a lot of various sources to make all of this happen. What I was REALLY getting at is when you open a diesel magazine the first 10 pages are Bank's, Autoanything and a bunch of chest thumpers. They are NOT on the entry list and I was wondering why. You know who I am thinking about, ie Bank's, Edge, Superchips and so on. Thats who I was really referring to and I really did'nt mean to offend our site sponsor's. But what is said is already done. If I offended ya'll, I'm sorry. Gary

Just a thought... What about the companies that sponsor the associations and the racers do not show up to support them. Maybe if it is expected to for them to support your event then maybe they should be supported in return thought the racing season thought all venues. Again just a thought...

I was rude with my response, you are just trying to get the word out.

My apologies, and also very sorry to hear about your mother.
RonA

why would the big manufacturers waste the money? they have multi-page ads in the magazines... $500 is NOTHING compared to what they spend in advertising dollars... you tell them about a small grass-roots event, and they figure they might as well light the $500 on fire :eek:

I get people all day everyday wanting a handout. We are a very small company and we give very disproportionately to what we make. I know people think that I might be rich because I own a company, but nothing could be further from the truth. If I was rich I would not have live in my shop for 5 years to get this thing going and try and advance diesel horsepower. There is no way that we can give to everybody that asks. That being said, I'm sure there will be more than a handfull of our freebies runnning in your race. I understand what you are trying to accomplish and I hope your race is a success, but the way you are calling some vendors out is very disrespectful. I think if you go about it in a different manner you might have a little better response.

Zach Hamilton

Informing the manufacturers would be good as well. This is the only place I have heard about it. I had a truck we were going to put in. Then got very busy with SEMA and all the busy stuff around here and have forgot about it. And I believe the 2 guys we were going to put in are now in. Who isn't in and wants in? Shoot me some pm's.

Informing the manufacturers would be good as well. This is the only place I have heard about it. I had a truck we were going to put in. Then got very busy with SEMA and all the busy stuff around here and have forgot about it. And I believe the 2 guys we were going to put in are now in. Who isn't in and wants in? Shoot me some pm's.

:poke: Anthony, I could use a fuel pump for a certain 97 Dodge that will be there! :Cheer: Gary

Back