Fuel Tank Inlet Issues. Gas Pump handles shut off.

4x4dually

Paw-n-law has an issue with a 2013 GMC 2500. It's gas, but every time he puts the gas pump nozzle in now and squeezes the trigger, the auto-shut off cuts the fuel. His gravity flow tank works ok but any of the station pumps won't.

Anyone had this issue? Is it a function of a fill tube issue or a vent line issue?

I'm going to google it now but thought I'd ask here in case someone has had this trouble.

Or is it an Evap canister issue? I guess I need to research and see if those trucks even has an Evap? More EPA bullschitd.

I have the same issue with my '79 Silverado. I stick the nozel in upsidedown and at a 45* angle and it flows just fine. I blame it on the way the fill tube flows, but it has done that since it was new per my uncle who bought it new. No idea why one would just start having an issue unless the vent tube got mud dobbers on something clogging it up.

From what I'm reading these trucks have an "Evap" canister full of charcoal. Some bullshidt the EPA mandated on them to "save the planet" or some crap. It becomes clogged. I've got paw-n-law trying to find it. His truck started doing it lately, not something it has always done. Probably plugged up somewhere. Just need to figure out where.

My '79 has that stupid charcoal canister on it also, wonder if that is the culprit. I'll have to check on it the next time I go to fill it up, in a few years, I think I have put 5 miles on it in the last 10 years.

Or 10 Suburban does this, I dug into and the probably is they vent the tank fill back into the fuel filler neck roughly 3" from the tip. If you rotate the nozzle when filling it wont trip out. I don't know why but it also helps if you shut the vehicle off when filling. Which I hate special in the winter months, but it better then standing outside freexzing my fingers off trying to get the dam thing to fill.

He took the canister off it, beat around on it, blew it out, cleaned all the dirt out of the vent lines, etc. Works great now. It is just air restriction. :D

Back