Farm Truck injector question

Basically my 12v has gone from daily driving duties to living the good life of being a farm truck/tow rig. To make a long story short I am wondering if I can get some input on realistic advantages/differences I would see between a set of 5x.012-14" SAC 145* injectors from someone like Contagious Diesel over a set of Bosch 5x.012" 155* marine injectors?

I know back in the day this type of question had been beaten to a pulp BUT I do have Mahle 286210 Pistons in my truck which have a wider bowl than OEM. I also have had .006" taken off of the cylinder block and probably .01" taken off the cylinder head while still using a std thickness head gasket.

Trucks only got 17-19* timing and spends most of its time zipping around town getting stuff and doing stuff around the farm, and taking occasional drives on the highway loaded and unloaded.

Are the marine injectors set at a different pop pressure ? Would they realistically burn any dirtier since I would imagine they should have no problem spraying completely in the piston bowl? I appreciate some input on the matter!

You can run a 155* injector and you would be able to get a better burn with higher timing, but they should be the same pop off pressure between "marine" and 145* injectors. I would try the 155* out and see how you like it, might have to bump timing up a degrees or two to find the sweet spot.

I don't know exact numbers but a higher pop pressure will retard timing a hair, interested to know how much more it takes to make a big enough noticeable difference. Better atomization with a higher pop pressure too.

A genuine Bosch 370 Marine is a fine injector and a good match for your wide bowl setup. The difference between 260 bar and 285 bar isn't going to make or break your setup but you will have a little better throttle response and slightly cleaner idle/haze with the higher pop pressure setting.

If its just a farm truck, check out our "budget friendly" Budget Builder series injectors, our 5x012's are very competitive price-wise. We have a new size available in the Budget Builder series that is not yet listed but in-stock and ready: 5x013 sac 155*.

http://www.powerdrivendiesel.com/product-category/dodge-ram-cummins/1994-1998-2nd-gen-12v/dodge-ram-cummins-1994-1998-2nd-gen-12v-fuel-system-components/dodge-ram-cummins-1994-1998-2nd-gen-12v-fuel-injectors/dodge-ram-cummins-1994-1998-2nd-gen-12v-fuel-injectors-budget-builder-12v/

I appreciate the input you guys, I decided to give the Bosch 370's a try. I ordered some so we will see how it goes once I get them.

Back