Truck wont accept tune.

Bustedknuckles

Honey Badger
Im trying to flash a tune into a 09 6.7 and keep getting this error message.
b67db488e4e341c3c70425d46ff9cca7.jpg

Now what? From what I found online I can get a smarty or H&S and tune it with it and return it to stock then and it will flash?

Im trying to flash a tune into a 09 6.7 and keep getting this error message.
b67db488e4e341c3c70425d46ff9cca7.jpg

Now what? From what I found online I can get a smarty or H&S and tune it with it and return it to stock then and it will flash?
The only thing I've seen that remedies that is a smarty tune, reflash to stock, retune with efi.

Ok I updated everything and efi live's patch took care of the anti tuning issue. Now im getting this code and the truck wont start....
85462a7d2c8b4d3558204d41866a4331.jpg

Reflash ecm with a known good stock file. Make sure you change the vin prior to flashing the known good stock file. Use the file as the base. The error means the ecm contains security to prevent modified tunes from being flashe. Stock tunes can be found on tunefiledepot.com

Reflash ecm with a known good stock file. Make sure you change the vin prior to flashing the known good stock file. Use the file as the base. The error means the ecm contains security to prevent modified tunes from being flashe. Stock tunes can be found on tunefiledepot.com
Tried the H&S and it doesn't work. Flashing a stock tune off tunefiledepot right now. Fingers crossed!

There are a couple of versions of software that contain the anti-tuning bootloader revision, however the process did change. First of all please make sure you are running either October 5 or October 28 software and firmware.

Then, you should review the process you used to update the Anti-tuning bootloader and ensure the .ctz file you used does not remain in the ECM.

The file you saved out of your ECM before you performed the anti-tuning bootloader patch should then be flashed back in. If that file flashes in fine, use that as the base file to create your modified tune.

Cheers
Cindy

Back