pulling with lift?

K5engineer

Hey guys. I'm somewhat new to the diesel truck scene. I have a '99 CTD quad cab longbed with a 5spd. So far I have Edge Juice w/ Attitude, 100hp Jammer injectors, AFE Stage 2, Southbend FE clutch, FASS 150/150, and a 4" exhaust running to a 5" y-pipe ans then to 6" stacks. I'm thinking about lifting it bout 6" and running 37's. I love the look, esp when theyre are stacks on a lifted truck. If I decided to occasionally pull or even get into pulling, would I do OK if I pulled with smaller tires like 33s but with the lift on the truck? Thanks.
Tyler

The Lift in the front is going to hurt more than help. If anything, lift the rear for pulling. Also gotta do the Ben Franklin List. Basically a T Charts of lift or no lift. If you sled pull often, like every weekend, I would stay away from the lift, but if done on occasion, I would lift it.

Your gonna need to get a double disk clutch more than anything, as that FE will get smoked on your 1st pull, gauranteed. Trust me, I learned the hard way thinking a single would be fine but they get wasted with sled pulling. Smaller tires, block the rear suspension and lower the front, which I know is something you didn't want to hear, but you can get away with just stiffening up the rear suspension.

Joe

build it right and you can pull with your lift--get the Dick Cepek lift with the extra long front control arms and then make or buy some long ladder bars--build some blocks for the rear and you're good to go---I made my lift patterned after the DC lift and I've had no problems since I did that and did long(8') ladder bars and blocks----I run 35'' tires for pulling though---you will need an adjustable hitch also............chris

Yeah, Ladder Bars are next. Right Now Most my time is trying to get the damn thing dialed in. The programming is killing me right now.

csutton7, the DC long arm lift is the one I'm wanting. I want be pulling every weekend but on occasion just to see how my truck does against the rest of them.

Yeah, it'll hurt you some, but with enough height, you'll be able to get out of the hole faster since you literally pick up the sled pan...

Back