Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- GM > EFI Live Tuning Discussion (GM/Allison)
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2018, 05:04 AM   #1
mopar440cu

Name: mopar440cu
Title: Knowledge Seeker
Member`s Gallery
Question EFI Autocal questions

I have a EFI Autocal which I purchased through my tuner, has a tow tune on it now and are happy with it, but have a question about it. I know I could ask the tuner, but hate bugging him with small details and a ton of questions.

1. Can I add more tunes to it or is it only capable of one tune through the tuner?

2. I am, like I say, very happy with the tuners tune, but if I ever wanted to get another tune through another person for the same truck is it locked to where only the original tuner has to add more tunes?

3. Do I need to purchase a license everytime I add a tune to it then??

Thanks for educating me!!
01 3500, Quadzilla Adrenaline, 62-68-12, Airdog 165, Banks intake, ATS header, 110 BD injectors, 4 inch exhaust to 8" black miter stack,4:30 gears, Suncoast transmission w/ billet input shaft, Dynamic VB, Georend billet flexplate and Suncoast triple disc convertor.

Old 07-28-2018, 06:09 AM   #2
jasonc

Name: jasonc
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Your original tuner you bought the autocal from would have to be willing to give you the password for it. You can get 5 different tunes, or sometimes only 3 different tunes on your autocal, and add a dps5 switch and change tunes on the fly.

Old 07-28-2018, 11:44 AM   #3
IdahoRob

Name: IdahoRob
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
You can get as many tunes as you'd like. They can store on a computer and then drop into the autocal when ever you want too. The issue with an autocal is that it is locked to the tuners hardware and other tuners cannot tune for it unless it is unlocked from the original tuner. This can be done remotely and most don't charge for the service. Once it is unlinked, then it will be linked to the new tuners hardware and you will not be able to go back and use the original tuners tunes.

"Max'd Out" SoCal Engine, Randy's Trans, DDP 9.36@154 MPH SS legal trim.

Closed Thread