Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tractor Performance > General Tractor Performance > General Tractor Perfomance
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2018, 11:21 PM   #1
J-Pipes

Name: J-Pipes
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Half century of progress show.

Trying to talk the wife into making it the family vacation this yr, anyone ever been? My boys would be almost 3-1/2, and almost 2 yrs old, they both love tractors, I put them to bed tonight with the "big tractor power" YouTube channel actually! Thought we could take our S×S to drive around in, but would they let me have 2 adults and 2 toddlers in a 3 passenger S×S? Also considering trying to figure out a way to take my M, since it's the 80th anniversary of the model next yr. Haven't been able to find much online about it yet, would it be a good family thing, or wait until the boys are older?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Old 01-02-2019, 06:00 AM   #2
06 DIESEL

Name: 06 DIESEL
Title: Dead Eye Firearms LLC
Member`s Gallery
I personally have not been to that particular show, but I know several of my family has. They say it is a good show, but I can not answer about the SxS, read their rules on their website for them. Some shows are cracking down and will only allow golf carts, others say that each passenger has to have the ability to be belted in.

My rig - 2021 Mega 3500 SRW

My Classic - 79 Chevy Silverado

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonA View Post
Trucks are like women. Sometimes you just need to spend money on them to keep them happy.

Old 01-06-2019, 04:57 PM   #3
milkman

Name: milkman
Title: IH red behind my ears
Member`s Gallery
Never been to that show but just a suggestion, red power roundup will be in Bloomsburg, Pa this year. It’s a pretty good show, went to it in OH and WI. The last time it was in Bloomsburg, the local pulling club put a pull on nearby but red power doesn’t put any pulls on. I have a pulling M that I would gladly take out there but haven’t found out if they are yet.

Old 01-07-2019, 10:21 AM   #4
Signature600

Name: Signature600
Title: THA MAN!
Member`s Gallery
We will probably be going to Half Century of Progress this year, since both of the AC shows we normally go to are not possible for us. We're thinking of going to half century instead with some combines.

Chris

THANKS TO:
Tim Barber @ TRE Diesel
Jeff Mumau @ Mumau Diesel Service
Rip @ Source Automotive
Don Thuren @ ThurenFab Suspension
Columbus Diesel Supply

Old 01-07-2019, 11:01 AM   #5
J-Pipes

Name: J-Pipes
Member`s Gallery
I'm still hopeful, but the wife is still not warming up to the idea at all! Both boys were excited to watch combine videos this morning!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Old 01-21-2019, 10:15 AM   #6
06 DIESEL

Name: 06 DIESEL
Title: Dead Eye Firearms LLC
Member`s Gallery
Just and FYI they posted on their facebook page to call to reserve your golf cart already. Might follow their page, it has plenty of information on the show.

https://www.facebook.com/HalfCentury...how/?ref=br_rs

My rig - 2021 Mega 3500 SRW

My Classic - 79 Chevy Silverado

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonA View Post
Trucks are like women. Sometimes you just need to spend money on them to keep them happy.

Old 01-21-2019, 10:44 AM   #7
thatguy69

Name: thatguy69
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Signature600 View Post
We will probably be going to Half Century of Progress this year, since both of the AC shows we normally go to are not possible for us. We're thinking of going to half century instead with some combines.

Chris
Off topic but are you guys the ones who just bought up all the shearer equipments?

Old 01-21-2019, 11:04 AM   #8
Signature600

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguy69 View Post
Off topic but are you guys the ones who just bought up all the shearer equipments?
Umm, NO. Hell No.

We're AGCO/Massey Ferguson here. Single store, Family owned and operated, and will always be.

Shearer was just bought out by AgPro Companies, the largest Deere dealer in the country. With Shearer's 7 stores, and the 10 the just acquired from JD Equipment down here, that bring them to 78 locations I believe. Rumor is they will be at 80 very soon with a couple more acquisitions in progress.

Chris

THANKS TO:
Tim Barber @ TRE Diesel
Rip @ Source Automotive
Columbus Diesel Supply

Old 01-21-2019, 11:42 AM   #9
99GreenCummins

Name: 99GreenCummins
Title: That guy....
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Umm, NO. Hell No.

We're AGCO/Massey Ferguson here. Single store, Family owned and operated, and will always be.

Shearer was just bought out by AgPro Companies, the largest Deere dealer in the country. With Shearer's 7 stores, and the 10 the just acquired from JD Equipment down here, that bring them to 78 locations I believe. Rumor is they will be at 80 very soon with a couple more acquisitions in progress.

Chris
Rumor is Kuester is not far behind. They are making a splash already and making a few guys mad.
1999 Ram 2500,6 spd, typical mods

Old 01-21-2019, 02:03 PM   #10
thatguy69

Name: thatguy69
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Umm, NO. Hell No.

Chris
Ahhh I mixed up agco and agpro.my chiro's son works at the local shearer and just told me about it. They can't be much worse than who's running it now, at least my local one. Anybody I've ever talked to doesn't have anything good to say about them. Me included

Old 01-21-2019, 02:37 PM   #11
Signature600

Member`s Gallery
I'm not hearing anything good about Ag Pro...it's like rats and a sinking ship around here.

Chris

THANKS TO:
Tim Barber @ TRE Diesel
Rip @ Source Automotive
Columbus Diesel Supply

Closed Thread