2.6 rear Suspension Blocking

What should the Rear Susupension Rule Be?

• Full Blocking Allowed

Votes: 49 64.5%
  • 1" Suspension Travel

Votes: 15 19.7%
  • 2" Suspension Travel

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • No Blocking at all, Traction bars allowed

Votes: 9 11.8%
  • No Blocking or Traction Bars at all

Votes: 2 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kino_fab

KTPA Tech Official
I say drop the 1" suspension travel rule and allow full suspension blocks. What do you guys think?

I've never really understood the whole point in having 1 or 2" suspension travel. Either way, once the blocks hit the rear axle, the suspension is solid at that point, so it really doesn't help out the competition that has no blocks at all. Beside that, I don't know of anybody that pulls in the 2.6, or the 2.5 for that matter that doesn't have suspension blocks.

the only benifit would be solid guys have 1 inch hitch advantage due to the fact when teched they are 26 then when the sled pulls down on them they are still 26 us on the other hand we are 26 when teched 25 or so when sled pulls down on takeoff so 1 inch hitch hieght would be the gain and I think it does help.

the only benifit would be solid guys have 1 inch hitch advantage due to the fact when teched they are 26 then when the sled pulls down on them they are still 26 us on the other hand we are 26 when teched 25 or so when sled pulls down on takeoff so 1 inch hitch hieght would be the gain and I think it does help.

you are right about that with a class that strong every little bit helps$.02

To me the 1" can just cause problems. In all honesty its not hard at all to make blocks. They cost hardly nothing to make as well. Full blocked suspension, if they dont have a set of blocks looks like they'd need to spend an hour or two just like everyone else and make a set. Just my opinion

yeah either full block or none. 1" just allows room for it to start jumping if the tires come unhooked. Tim

Nobody understands the 1" of travel?

The answers to why the rule is implemented have all been posted above.

To those of you above, how long have you been pulling Diesel trucks?
What did you pull before you got your Diesel?
What points series do you chase?

To those of you above, how long have you been pulling Diesel trucks?

3 to 4 years

What did you pull before you got your Diesel?

nothing. im 28 years old and got my first diesel when i was 15. I have never owned a gas unless you count my old mans ranger that i drive back and forth to work. I was pimpin 6.9 fords before diesel even began to be cool

What points series do you chase?
none brush pulls only and this was the first year of trying to hit most of the county fairs. We also pulled at schieds but because i made a bad tire choice, we didn't do very well with my brothers truck and my truck i am building, i did not get it finished in time
[/QUOTE]

Tim

Last edited:
In Ohio, and Pa, even the brush pulls have small series that guys chase points, Illinois doesn't have those?

No, not to drop the hitch height. The main reason was you had to pull on a WORKING suspension,(like all true STREET trucks have) but there was no need to break a guys springs.

You guys are very rapidly locking the street trucks out of your class, if you continue down this path.
Street truck entry fees help pay the bills, for the not so street, street trucks that lead the class. They wont enter, if they have to pull against Mod trucks in the 2.6 class, as numbers fall off, so will the purses.

Please consider the entire class, when asking for changes, and ask yourself if you should move up.

Remember how the 4500rpm rule worked out? The pullers insisted on it-until they got caught.Then suddenly, it wasn't such a good idea.

Back