Thunder In Muncie, Indiana

Did anything happen at this race or does no one want to talk about it! :what:

We lost brakes first pass and shawn went off the track and blew tire and wheel. Got it fixed and ran 9.33. Blew tranny line 2nd round qualifying. Bully dog ran a coule 9.8xs, iirc. They won the race agains the black chevy duramax truck.

Good to see everyone at Muncie. We ran a time trial 9.08 first pass on our empty bottle. We forgot to check our fill bottle and it was empty. Luckly Greg Houge had a full bottle he let me use. Our fisrt qual pass lost traction unloaded the chassis couldn't get back in to it ran a 9.6. The for the win ran a 9.8. Almost lost control of the truck on the back half. Brett Deutsch ended up in second. Also taking the nadm unlimited record. CONGRATS Brett.

Good to see everyone at Muncie. We ran a time trial 9.08 first pass on our empty bottle. We forgot to check our fill bottle and it was empty. Luckly Greg Houge had a full bottle he let me use. Our fisrt qual pass lost traction unloaded the chassis couldn't get back in to it ran a 9.6. The for the win ran a 9.8. Almost lost control of the truck on the back half. Brett Deutsch ended up in second. Also taking the nadm unlimited record. CONGRATS Brett.

Good job to those that raced.

Last edited:

Sorry, missed the first pass. Congrats guys on the win. And thanks again for the help.

Jared your Truck looks good, got plenty of room, when you come down to work on that back half. I did find you a good set of shocks with sweeps from a buddy that went to Penske shocks No problem on the nitrous, we both use Nitrous outlet. Between you and Ashley the day of the dinosaur is over in Pro Street. You two have proven that in making pass after pass

The entire event went off without a single drunk or idiot, why can't other events be this way,. The drags as well as pull had good crowds. This being the oldest and original diesel event makes it a must go
We had a good event even if the car fell short of racing. There are only so many hours in the day. I solidified my sponsor base and gain a few new ones
Did get a dry run on NHRA tech, and to anyone running a Duramax with a SFI chassis tag , the bad news is stock or rubber injector return line are not going to cut it any more . The good news is a machinist /racer was standing there and did the measurements and will have some billets ones with -3 lines and manifold in about a week

Back