Where did YOU learn to tune?

EverydayDiesel

I drink diesel
Hello I am curious where YOU learned to tune diesels. Tuning appears to be a black art of such. This should make for an interesting thread.

On my own, flash after flash on my personal 07. Been doing it since EFI came out for the Cummins. Learning every day

I went to one of Starlites classes and learned a lot but as stated just building tune after tune and making small changes is where you learn the most.

I remember back when it first came out for cummins there were classes hosted by tuners..

Maybe some videos fr these classes floating on the interwebs.

Starlite diesel manual, internet, and studying stock to figure out why stock is the way it is

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk

Learned for Les's home made videos on a website that is no longer around, on my own flash after flash, Starlite Book.

I read a lot of how tuning works and how the different maps effect the truck and then I just reflashed a lot and got a tune I liked.

I just took a base tune and turned it all up to 11 on customer trucks until I found something that worked.

I concur on that!!!, Les is the man and is always willing to help if you supply the research and knowledge and will how to solver your own problems but just need a little guidance.

I do enjoy helping, I like having people at least show the effort to learn on their own instead of just looking for a handout.

Les, so is it possible to get these videos everyone is crazy about? I am willing to do the research as I did that with tuning turbo gassers but they use things like knock sensors and widebands to dial in the tunes. Without those I am really unsure when I have reached the saturation point on things like timing. I was told by several you just have to listen for it but there has to be a better way.?.?

Does anyone have these videos that were mentioned in this thread? Les says he does not have them anymore and it would be a shame to lose them...

What are you wanting to know? Maybe post up a list of questions? Most people keep the tubing info close to their chest. The videos may be lost on purpose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What are you wanting to know? Maybe post up a list of questions? Most people keep the tubing info close to their chest. The videos may be lost on purpose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They were on a old Youtube page of mine that got hacked and subsequently closed down and the videos on that page, several tuning tutorials and many competition ones of mine...were all lost.

They were on a old Youtube page of mine that got hacked and subsequently closed down and the videos on that page, several tuning tutorials and many competition ones of mine...were all lost.

I think I have some basic stuff on my mac from you from a cumminsefilive tuning website its shutdown now. If I can find them maybe ill post em up for your old time sake :clap:

Back