pulling engine, trans how to move it, store it

GaveUpOnTV

I have a wrecked 2005 Ram 2500, auto, diesel. I've put a few dollars into transmission, input, Gorend conv., flex plate etc. The truck has just over 70,000 miles.
I'm going to have somebody pull the engine, I've been "carrying" this wreck with me for 10+ years and I cannot store it anymore.
Should I keep engine attached to trans? I think the engine alone is 1000 lbs?
Does somebody with a truck, with a attached cherry picker, move it?
Is there anybody who makes something I could bolt it to, with wheels?
Or should I seperate them, to move them?

I have a lot of questions. I plan to store everything (but use parts from my 48re to my 1994 Dodge automatic 47hydraulic (or whatever is in my truck, an automatic).
Is there anyway to get the 6 speeds from my 548re (think they're 6 speeds, it's been so long!) into my 1994 Dodge?
I'm going to make a trailer out of the bed, and eventually removed the driveshaft and rear differential and put them in 1994 (gets me discs on back). I'll use my present rear end in 1994 to put back on the bed that will be a trailer.

Can anybody tell me how they move engine and transmissions around?

real easy to disconect trans from engine, just remove convertor bolts, then unbolt trans.

I wouldnt want to move them as 1 unit less I had to.

As far as moving them around (I'm assuming you're talking about inside a shop?). I usually separate them and set them on pallets. I then use a skid loader or pallet jack to move them around. Before I had a pallet jack or skid loader I would use my cherry picker to move them around inside. If I was moving them to another building, I would connect the engine to an engine stand and use the cherry picker to set the whole assembly (engine and stand) on a low trailer I used to have. Then I would use the cherry picker to unload the assembly.

Back