lets see pics of traction bars

we will see how it holds. my buddy works at a fab shop and gets steel cheap so he ordered sch 80 1.5inch we are gunna build a set for his and mine. if they bend we will know they aint strong enough lol build another set

Just finished the new ladder bars

2011-05-16153642.jpg

2011-05-16153659.jpg

2011-05-16153611.jpg

2011-05-14173038-1.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Ummmm...why? The axle can't even move up now without a bind? I am not normally so quick to comment....butt horrible design...great fabrication...but bad idea.

Ummmm...why? The axle can't even move up now without a bind? I am not normally so quick to comment....butt horrible design...great fabrication...but bad idea.

Why would this be a bad idea? The axle can't move up with bump stops in...... soooo..... The bars in the back are there to take load off the hitch and frame.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Now that you explain your purpose...it makes sense...rigid suspension sled pull...ok.

Yep, I've had problems with my single bars bending causing a hop. Last pull I broke one and the frame was flexing pretty bad, I'm hoping the new setup will fix that!

Yep, I've had problems with my single bars bending causing a hop. Last pull I broke one and the frame was flexing pretty bad, I'm hoping the new setup will fix that!

wouldnt this cause more flex in the frame because now you are applying more pressure to the front bars with the force from the hitch being pulled down?

Non binding traction bars

my full suspension traction bars, designed for towing/pulling are on my profile truck picture album. I can post closer pictures if any interest?
: West

wouldnt this cause more flex in the frame because now you are applying more pressure to the front bars with the force from the hitch being pulled down?

i dont think so, im running solid bump stops too. truck pulled great with this setup last weekend:woohoo:

heres the new set i just built, 66" long 1 1/4" solid round bar machined at both ends for 3/4" heims about 3.5" deep. I tapped one end left hand so they are adjustable just like a tie rod. Got 3/4" heims for a 3 point hitch and put a jam nut on them, built the mounts and good to go. I could get solid cheaper than DOM, so I went this route, didn't seem to bend or anything in the pulls this past weekend from watching the vids. Gonna have em powdercoated soon but I just threw some paint on before the pulls.
pulls010.jpg

pulls053.jpg

pulls051.jpg

pulls057.jpg

Back