Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Tech > 98-02 2nd Gen.
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 04:56 PM   #1
ben99

Name: ben99
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
odometer/spedometer quit???

My speedometer and odometer quit working the other day on my 99, Where should I start looking to get it fixed? Is there a certian part that usually goes bad? Thanks!

Old 04-23-2010, 09:05 AM   #2
Mauler

Name: Mauler
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
Mine did the same thing about a month ago (98 24V 3500 4x4). There are 2 wires that go into a sensor on the top of your rear differential, one of which has probably come loose. That is what was wrong with mine so I would start there. I soldered them back together and shrink wrapped them and it has been working fine since. Good luck.

Old 04-23-2010, 09:49 PM   #3
lee01dg

Name: lee01dg
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Hopefully what he said ^ or a bad sensor. A friend of mine had the same problem I was talking to him on the phone while he was driving all was fine just no speedo no weird noises or anything then boom. Turns out his spiders let go and chewed up the tone ring in the rear end that the speed sensor gets it's signal from. If you rule out the sensor and wiring I would probably pop the rear diff. cover and have a look. Good luck

Old 05-02-2010, 08:25 PM   #4
CSaley

Name: CSaley
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
check your grounds. they will make your truck do some WIERD things. may sound stupid, but fuse?

Closed Thread