Let's see your pullin hitches!!!

Kevin designed a nice one. I don't much care for pullin, but it gets the job done.
pullin_hitch_004.jpg

brandon.

joefarmer said:
I don't much care for pullin
brandon.
YOU SON OF A .....:stab: :banned: How could u say something like that?:hehe:

Here are a couple of pics of my home brew hitch. Friend of mine came up with his own little design. Never seen another like it. Its actually 2pieces. One piece slides into the back of the reese, giving the top part a pivot point. Needs some paint, and looks a little rough, but it gets the job done.
Picture_0112.jpg

Picture_0101.jpg

I broke too much stuff pulling and the part of me that doesn't care for it is my checkbook. :) That's an odd hitch, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't fly around here since ti's not limited to the 2" receiver connection. JMHO though.

brandon.

joefarmer said:
I broke too much stuff pulling and the part of me that doesn't care for it is my checkbook. :)
brandon.

I hear ya there. Can get expensive reeaal quick:bang

Most of the pulls around here are "Run What Ya Brung" type pulls and no one has ever given me any trouble over it. I doubt DHRA would allow it though.

Any place that has a sanctioning body with a set of rules they usually state that hitches have to be stationary in all directions, no pivot points, trick hitches etc so no that wouldnt work for those type of pulls.

Tcolesanti, where did you get your rollpan? I'm looking for one or going to build one possibly.

Here's some pics of my hitch...

DSC03270.jpg

and a side view...

DSC03272.jpg

I'm gonna have to make one of these to put on so I can drive around and look cool like you guys :hehe: And some of you need some weldin' lessons too! LOL I need one of Ian's to pull cedar trees out with!!!

4x4dually said:
I'm gonna have to make one of these to put on so I can drive around and look cool like you guys :hehe: And some of you need some weldin' lessons too! LOL I need one of Ian's to pull cedar trees out with!!!

:thankyou2: hahah hey go big or go home! I didnt want to be one of the guys that snaps there hitch and look like a :shake: It does the job!

Back