5.9L Cummins+13spd?

kino_fab

KTPA Tech Official
Got a friend with a project truck wanting to use a 5.9L cummins and at 13spd Eaton/Fuller tranny. Does anybody know that kind of trucks out there that would have this setup so we can use the block adaptor, fly wheel, clutch assembly, and tranny/Bell housing? Was this combo even used in anything to begin with?

I herd that Tyron Taylers pull truck had that set up when he bout it but not for sure you may ask him on kydtr

medium duty trucks with 5.9's in them had SAE bellhousings......freightliner FL70's etc...

all the big trannies are standard SAE bolt patterns

sweet thanks guys That helps alot. Didn't know if they were specific on the block adaptor with that particular tranny/bell. I read a few places that the 6spd fuller used a SAE #2 adaptor and bell housing, but didn't know if the 13spd would be the same way.

Some Louisville Ford maybe like the 8000 series trucks had 5.9's with 10 speeds and 13 speeds. Mainly cement trucks and medium sized dump trucks and such.

LOL and in a rattle box Louisville too boot. There was a company around here that had 20 of these things and they couldn't keep drivers in their trucks. I wonder why? LOL

theres a guy locally here who put a 12v into a chevy 3500 with a 13 speed (i think). i pretty sure hes on comp d, buckbz i think.

Ya I've got a 13spd in my Freightliner. Its a damn big tranny. I spose you'd put it behind a 6B in a pickup cause you can, just to say you did it. but wow an unsychronized slow shifting 2wd tranny doesn't sound like a whole bunch of fun in a pickup.

Ok Ok, if a guy really wanted to use one of the big trannies, I'd look at a 10 speed. Theres no range box on the back so they're significantly shorter and lighter than any 13/15/18. But still twin countershafts and big boy rated.

Go 13spd double over, start in 4th and just dont split the topside till the end. I have seen guys really jam through the gears on twin countershaft tranny also. Just takes alittle more skill than throwing a lever.

Got a friend with a project truck wanting to use a 5.9L cummins and at 13spd Eaton/Fuller tranny. Does anybody know that kind of trucks out there that would have this setup so we can use the block adaptor, fly wheel, clutch assembly, and tranny/Bell housing? Was this combo even used in anything to begin with?

Ford 600 to 800's Freightliner fl 60 7 80's had sae#2 bellhousings, used same 59 starters, the flywheel is 14 inch so is the clutch, medium duty clark 280 vo, spicer 3053a (uses a adapter ring) 5 speed od, fullers fx versions in 6 spped direct or od fit as well, of course some have different clutches and input sizes vary as well, 13 speed or even 10 speed is to many gears, keep it simple and cheap, sanco solved the problem with no married adapter, they just drive the truck in 2 wheel drivelol There is a rumor that GMC 5500's have a 273 remote mounted transfercase with flanges that could be used to mate the medium and class 8's to the 59's, prob is the t/c for the chubbys is passanger side drop,,,,

One of the moderators on here put a double digit geared tranny behind his 6BT for a sweet tow truck, maybe he will chime in

Back