IDI build

first off lemme say i know there probably wont be much interest in it here, but im going to build a "custom" idi

it will be in my 91 f250 and have a 94idiT block as the foundation

here were my previous dyno runs:

with aftermarket ats turbo kit with stock fuel maxed: 202wrhp 420wrtq

and with turbo kit off but fuel still maxed: 140wrhp 286wrhp.

94 idi turbo running 800$ sold the turbo kit for 600$

7936cac2.jpg

d7b65b7f.jpg

3d660ec9.jpg

tore it all down

c28b97c7.jpg

27ca0992.jpg

turbo ill be using compared to stock idi turbos...(getting new comp and turbine housings for it)

e62bc2de.jpg

cam is off for the J2 grind, getting DPS fuel system, ARP studs, PSD intercooler, Lower compression, custom intake and exhaust manifolds/uppipes, and a few other little things...

ill update as i go

:Cheer:

oh sorry, yea its an older pic...i have tons of pics on it.........but dont worry.......i will get that turbo back....if it doesn't arrive at my door Monday ill get it one way or another...

so i got it back today, now instead of trying to trade again and find an HX40 ill just get a more appropriate turbine housing...one that will flow a bit better..

changing gears with this build...since my 91 is running so well and i already have about 10k into ive decided to create a new goal for this project.

it is going to hit the drag strip.

here is the truck i just bought for the project. it will be getting the frame shortened, going on a diet, converted into 2wd and getting my built up motor with an ATS built e4od followed by an ford 9" rear end.

working on getting my hands on a borg warner s366 and selling the garrett

here is the truck. motor would not run. its been sitting for 5 years

821e0cc7.jpg

e83cc773.jpg

005a6d0d.jpg

22656781.jpg

2238751c.jpg

Sweet! I had a '88 F350 reg cab That i shortened to a Shortbox.. Had a pretty mean turbo'd 6.9l.. it was fun to drive

Forgot about this thread here, got the engine to nmb2 for him to build turbo kit, got an f150 short bed frame donor....need to get frame prepped for paint then start building back up

Back