Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Competition and Performance
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar

Dodge Competition and Performance General Dodge Competition and Performance Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 11:29 AM   #21
2Tone12V

Name: 2Tone12V
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
They suck is pointed towards II. Not fass. No problems from my fass. But hearing AD has a better system

Old 01-07-2008, 06:48 PM   #22
TeamFASS

Name: TeamFASS
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
53 Willys,

You bring the comparisons photos of the Fuel Preporator and the older FASS 150. The FASS 95 Series is becoming a popular model for this market due to the reduced size and flow rates of up to 200gph and pressures up to 130+psi (special order on anything about 60psi).

The following is a partial quote from another post to let people know of my background:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamFASS
I think the background of the marketers isn’t nearly as important as their products. I’ve stayed away from our history because I feel that it’s painful enough left within our family, having said that, I feel that as a company, we’ve been left no choice but to address some history.

During the summer of my 15th year, I started driving semi’s with my dad (Charlie). In about 1992 I went back out on the road full time to help my dad drive and design. The end result of trying to solve performance related problems for the semi’s was the Fuel Preporator. Although he won’t admit it, I helped my dad design the first air/fuel separation system and worked with CIM-TEK to design in what is now known as the Fuel Preporator.

In 1993 I started distributing the Fuel Preporator. In the mean time Charlie had formed a partnership with CIM-TEK, you may have seen their filters on fuel islands. That partnership dissolved and when it did, my dad gave me all the responsibilities.

As my dad went back on the road, from 1994 – 1998 I was solely responsible for the manufacturing, research & development, distributing, customer service & etc. With my name and credibility, I started Fuel Preporator Products Co. During which time (1996) I discovered a new way to remove air from fuel (later known as the FASS). A way that I knew would work more efficiently.

In 1998 the patent rights were sold to a third party. I remained the sole manufacturer of the Fuel Preporator (for about 6-8 months after the transition) and remained their technical support under the name of Diesel Performance Products Co. (for the remainder of their term).

In July of 2001 I moved to St. Louis to work directly with them, until Sept of 02. Once my dad and Dora, Charlie’s wife and president of Pure Flow, took back the rights to the Fuel Preporator they asked me to be a distributor of their product. My dad, Dora and the secretary to the Supreme Court Justice of Missouri offered me a contract to be one of their dealers, a contract that would give them termination rights without reason and with a no compete clause. Simply, I felt that I had accomplished far too much to accept the contract.

As far as our products being the same, the United States Patent and Trademark office has issued two patents for our system and United States Magistrate Judge Audrey G. Fleissig of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri ruled on August 31, 2007 that our systems are in fact not the same. Judge Fleissig ruled in our favor on all counts dismissing their case without a trial stating that their claims where not only unreasonable, but “beyond all reason.” Furthermore, in this litigation we confirm that Charlie is not the inventor of the system shown in the ‘184 patent, which is known by the various names such as the Fuel Preporator, Air Dog, and SuperDog 250.

Brad Ekstam

Old 01-07-2008, 07:04 PM   #23
B.A.Ram

Name: B.A.Ram
Title: A Big Deal
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamFASS
53 Willys,

You bring the comparisons photos of the Fuel Preporator and the older FASS 150. The FASS 95 Series is becoming a popular model for this market due to the reduced size and flow rates of up to 200gph and pressures up to 130+psi (special order on anything about 60psi).

The following is a partial quote from another post to let people know of my background:
Whoever said FASS has horrible customer service must be a cheerleader for Airdog. As stated before Diesel-Dan aka "Manbearpig" usually handles these claims and would drive to your house and install it for free just to please the customer. I don't know any details of who started what, when, where, or why but I do know that every post relating to FASS or Airdog ends up with Charlie Ekstam coming into the post and slamming FASS. Do you ever see FASS retaliate? No, you know why, because it's classless and childess and nobody will get anywhere in the industry if their marketing ploy is to badmouth the competition publicy. (Can we say Gale Banks??) FASS stands behind their products and continually listens to what customers have to say and improves on it. Loud FASS? Yea right, you can't even hear mine running...Keep up the good work guys, your product speaks for yourself. Remember, you get what you pay for.

2016 Lexus G-Ride

Old 01-07-2008, 07:38 PM   #24
tony597fitter

Name: tony597fitter
Title: Tax Payer
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by B.A.Ram
Whoever said FASS has horrible customer service must be a cheerleader for Airdog. As stated before Diesel-Dan aka "Manbearpig" usually handles these claims and would drive to your house and install it for free just to please the customer. I don't know any details of who started what, when, where, or why but I do know that every post relating to FASS or Airdog ends up with Charlie Ekstam coming into the post and slamming FASS. Do you ever see FASS retaliate? No, you know why, because it's classless and childess and nobody will get anywhere in the industry if their marketing ploy is to badmouth the competition publicy. (Can we say Gale Banks??) FASS stands behind their products and continually listens to what customers have to say and improves on it. Loud FASS? Yea right, you can't even hear mine running...Keep up the good work guys, your product speaks for yourself. Remember, you get what you pay for.

This is getting old. Buy whatever the hell you want.
Besides I HAVE A 12 VALVE! I dont need one of these wannabe pumps

Proud to be a UNION Pipe Fitter Local 597 Chicago.

Old 01-07-2008, 08:49 PM   #25
B.A.Ram

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony597fitter

This is getting old. Buy whatever the hell you want.
Besides I HAVE A 12 VALVE! I dont need one of these wannabe pumps
Boy, you sure do bring a lot to the table...

2016 Lexus G-Ride

Old 01-07-2008, 08:52 PM   #26
DieselLady

Name: DieselLady
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by B.A.Ram
I don't care who started what. My experience with FASS SUCKS! And Brad knows it. I didn't come on here to Bash anyone. Just wanted the guy to know the other side of the story.
This truck ROCKS now!!!

Old 01-07-2008, 08:58 PM   #27
B.A.Ram

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselLady
I don't care who started what. My experience with FASS SUCKS! And Brad knows it. I didn't come on here to Bash anyone. Just wanted the guy to know the other side of the story.
The irony in your post is so thick I can barely see through it. You didn't come on here to bash anyone but two sentences before you said, and I quote, "FASS SUCKS". That retort was well thought out. I think the man has more than enough information to make his decision, surely nothing you post can add to this thread. What do you say let's leave well enough alone.

2016 Lexus G-Ride

Closed Thread