Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Competition and Performance
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar

Dodge Competition and Performance General Dodge Competition and Performance Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 09:47 PM   #21
coon smile

Name: coon smile
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacktheBear3
To elaborate, the RAD has a 3 position switch.... Position one is off, middle position is low end fueling, third position is Both low end and extended range
i see....

Old 01-10-2008, 11:31 PM   #22
cummins724

Name: cummins724
Title: BREAKING $HIT
Member`s Gallery
The quad is still only using production tuning & it feels stronger than my Drag/Smarty stack. He is working out some bugs & although it seems like nothing is happening & he is dragging his feet....He has been testing 98.5-00 trucks & finally found the problems we were having with surging etc. Turns out it was a software issue & my new box is on its way here. He has also figured out the how to make the Commander accept the Adrenaline. Wait till stage 3 comes public & he starts the dyno files, It will be the box to have for sure. Wish I could say more, but can't.

Old 01-11-2008, 12:55 AM   #23
BgBlDodge

Name: BgBlDodge
Title: Hates hippies
Member`s Gallery
IIRC, my buddy dynoed higher with his adrenaline than he did with his TST/Smarty stack. The 180hp claim was on a stock truck. On a modified truck I wouldn't expect anything over 120-140hp.

Tyler Williams

We have become educated beyond our intelligence. -Jerry Clower

Old 01-11-2008, 01:18 AM   #24
Warpig

Name: Warpig
Title: 12V killer
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
The Smarty will get you the spool of a RAD
Not with my truck when trying to build boost for a launch. The RAD is the only box I've found that elimenates torque management. The only time I use it is when I'm building boost for a good launch. It makes the factory tach and temp gauge in-op when switched on.

11.40 @ 118

02 Jetta TDI

Old 01-11-2008, 05:06 AM   #25
parttimepuller

Name: parttimepuller
Member`s Gallery
I love my REDLINE!!!!!! RPMS sound good at 4000......I dont know anyone with a quad box through.

Old 01-11-2008, 06:15 AM   #26
Graphic Man

Name: Graphic Man
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
To elaborate, the RAD has a 3 position switch.... Position one is off, middle position is low end fueling, third position is Both low end and extended range

mine only has on and off.....

SOLD01 Ram sport 4X4, Monster VP , some big injectors, full billet DTT, and big twins etc. etc.

Last edited by Graphic Man; 01-11-2008 at 06:17 AM.

Old 01-11-2008, 11:27 AM   #27
coon smile

Name: coon smile
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphic Man
yea i was confused with the 3 position switch...never heard of it. just thought there was on/off

Old 01-11-2008, 11:30 AM   #28
paulb

Name: paulb
Member`s Gallery
Here is what I have found:

The RAD is the ONLY thing that will completely eliminate torque managment on a 01 or 02 auto. The Smarty does reduce it however. The older RAD's had a three position switch, the newer ones have a two position switch. On the newer ones it still eliminates the top speed limiter even when it's off, so it doesn't need the third position. The RAD doesn't extend the rpm, just the mph. I under stand not wanting to lose the use of gauges, but I typically don't have time to be watching them during competition anyway. On the newer RAD's you can turn it off after it hits third gear anyway, and the gauges come right back on.

The only thing I have found that will fuel hard to 4000 rpm is a red line box. My drag comp starts to defuel about 3100 rpm, a TST comp about 3400 rpm, and the Adrenline about 3600 rpm. This is all based on 1/4 mile passes and not on a dyno. The defueling detection is based on boost and EGT reductions. The question is why do you need 4000 rpm with an auto, when drag racing? 4.10 gears would be a reason...

The Adrenline has great potential. Will it surpass a $2000 drag comp/redline stack? I don't know yet. It does spool very quickly. This is still a best test. It has not yet surpassed the drag comp/redline stack to this date, but the testing and development are not over. It does perform on par with a drag comp. Another question is reliability. I can't afford to lose rounds because of part failure. I can lose enough on my own. The only way to know this on a new product is by testing it.

For bracket racing I like the drag comp/redline stack the best so far. The comp is adjustable for bottom end fueling (launch), and the redline for everything else. The combo makes it easy to build and hold boost, and adjust launch fueling so that I can leave at a higher boost (for reaction times), while having control of over powering the track (drag comp power level, ie. CAN bus fueling). The redline only adds fuel (at least a significant amount) when over a certain throttle position. The redline allows you to adjust the fueling going down the track to find the "sweet spot". My pickup runs the most consistient at up to 93% fueling. Over that, and consistiency falls off.

This is just my worth, and what I have found on my truck. As we all know every truck is just a little different.

Paul

Old 01-11-2008, 11:31 AM   #29
Timbeaux

Name: Timbeaux
Title: Administrator and Head Thread Derailer
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphic Man
x2...
NO LIMIT FAB, DIESEL SOUTH, DC CUSTOMS
Quote:
"I just love everything about racing. I wanna race every single day. Its nothing for me to be cutting grass and the neighbor hoss the gas on his mower, and there we are, lined up in the the middle of the street." - Stevie KillinTime Jackson
"Against stupidity, the gods themselves fight unvictorious."

Old 01-11-2008, 11:51 AM   #30
Graphic Man

Member`s Gallery
and like Paul said no time to look at gages when racing.....i only use it at the track......it makes no difference on or off until you boost launch it

SOLD01 Ram sport 4X4, Monster VP , some big injectors, full billet DTT, and big twins etc. etc.

Old 01-11-2008, 12:01 PM   #31
IC-Smoke

Name: IC-Smoke
Title: Oh SNAP!
Member`s Gallery
Dont you get a CEL light after using the RAD?

Click the image to open in full size.

Old 01-11-2008, 12:04 PM   #32
Graphic Man

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IC-Smoke

yes,.. but it does away after 3 key cycles

Old 01-11-2008, 12:21 PM   #33
paulb

Name: paulb
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IC-Smoke
Yes, and after using the Redline as well. Both reset with start cycles though. By the time I get home from the race track, I've started and stopped enough for the light to be off.

Paul

Old 01-11-2008, 12:24 PM   #34
IC-Smoke

Name: IC-Smoke
Title: Oh SNAP!
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulb
Yes, and after using the Redline as well. Both reset with start cycles though. By the time I get home from the race track, I've started and stopped enough for the light to be off.

Paul
Thanks Paul for the info!!!! its greatly appreicated!!
Thanks Guys! I think Ill go with the RAD for the time being....

Click the image to open in full size.

Old 01-11-2008, 02:06 PM   #35
cm cows

Name: cm cows
Title: Here by the owl
Member`s Gallery
anyone got any pics or videos of the ad. and does it have guages like the edge?

92 W250 Auto Hungry Diesel Powered

Last edited by cm cows; 01-11-2008 at 02:18 PM.

Old 01-11-2008, 02:07 PM   #36
cummins724

Name: cummins724
Title: BREAKING $HIT
Member`s Gallery
I got the new Adrenaline box installed & took it for a ride, sorry it took so long, but I had to swap out the recon monitor also as changes to it have been made too. The surging is gone although you could feel a slight hickup once in a while at 1800rpm, but nothing that bothers me any & when I say slight I mean slight like hardly noticeable. The new box has a protection feature where it doesn't fuel until the coolant temp reaches 170*, until then the PL00 flashes on the screen. great feature!
The power is equal to the previous software, but way smoother since the shudder is gone. The TT is awesome, smooth as glass & cancels out by hitting the go pedal. The high idle still won't work on my truck, but I think it is because of the old Smarty high idle overriding it & although smarty has been returned to stock, it still left the high idle engaged. I love this box & I'm sure that you all will as well. Quadzilla Rocks!!!!

Closed Thread