Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Competition and Performance
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar

Dodge Competition and Performance General Dodge Competition and Performance Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 06:16 PM   #1
wildmanben

Name: wildmanben
Title: Farmboy...
Member`s Gallery
New Era 435s vs DDP4s RESULTS!!!

So there has been quite a bit of discussion over which injector is bigger and better. But nobody that I have seen had real life results. So I bought both sets of injectors and am here to tell you. Your welcome...

At idle, 435s would haze steady, wouldnt ever seen to clear up. DDP4s would haze for a minute and then its clear. Hard to tell if the trucks running when I cant see the smoke out the stacks! The DDP4s would also cool down quicker than with the 435s.
At cruising speeds, 70mph. 435s ran about 775 to 800 on the pyro, DDP4s ran about 650 to 700 on the pyro.

At WOT, the DDP4s spool faster and the temps dont build as fast. In fact they seem to level off at about 1500. The 435s would keep going. 0-120 would get me too 1500 on the DDP4s. The level of smoke from the DDP4s is quite a bit less too. It smoked a bit until the turbo lit, but after that, it ran pretty clean. The 435s would leave a pretty good haze. Boost went from 48psi with the 435s to 51psi with teh DDP4s.

Mileage, usually got around 13 to 14 with the 435s. Havent filled up yet with the DDP4s yet, but should be soon.

Dyno, I did 518 on #2 with the 435s and will find out on the DDP4s in March. But the seat of the pants dyno noticed a big difference. Even the girlfriend noticed it too.

All the results are at 1300 ft elevation at below zero temps. Its been dang cold around here. Also I took out the .022 DVs for the testing too. With the DVs and 435s I was running 56 psi and smoked a ton, all the time, whether you were trying to or not. I will put them back in as soon as I get some good mileage numbers. Also will have some good dyno numbers with them in and out too.

So far, I am very impressed with the performance and quality of the DDP4s. Seems to be a great product and money well spent. The 435s are a great budget injector that got me some good power and some smokey fun for the pesky rice and tailgators, but if your looking for that last bit of power or wanting less smoke and better mileage, the DDP4s are the winner here.

Country Performance Diesel
PureFlow Technologies
Southbend Clutch
Bullseye Power
JL Machine
Fluidampr

Old 02-06-2007, 07:22 PM   #2
9 LIVES

Name: 9 LIVES
Title: Demolition Expert
Member`s Gallery
Great thread! can't wait to see the dyno difference.

Old 02-06-2007, 07:25 PM   #3
SuperDave4x4

Name: SuperDave4x4
Title: popcorn playa
Member`s Gallery
Wow. Props to you! Very good info and I'm sure all the 12v guys appreciate what you and your wallet have gone/going through. I really want to know what the dyno says! When you dynoed 518 you had the DVs in right? Are you going to put them in before the new dyno?

(Sold)1999 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 24v CTD Ext. Cab- 01' motor w/ orings, .020 gasket, Garmon/SunCoast, Drag comp, 150hp EDMs, 57/72 twins, AD150, 20" Hoss, Proxes STII, Thuren/Carli, etc

Member #41

Last edited by SuperDave4x4; 02-06-2007 at 07:28 PM.

Old 02-06-2007, 09:08 PM   #4
Trapper

Name: Trapper
Title: Hater
Member`s Gallery
I wonder why my 435s run differently At 70 mph it's about the same egts maybe a little cooler, and if its below 40* outside a full throtte rhomp I can make 55psi, my milage is higher about 19 -20 depends how I'm feeling, now the smoke I can agree on, but I also have LC DVs, which I will be swapping soon back to 181s. Hope that cuts the initial smoke down, If it dosent Maybe a set of DDPs might be next.

Old 02-06-2007, 09:32 PM   #5
woodsrat

Name: woodsrat
Title: NEW ERA DIESEL
Member`s Gallery
Trapper

I would it is the difference in timing. The 435's seem to like a sweetspot of about 16.5 deg. Last time I talked with ben he was running around 22 deg. timing in his truck.

Nitrous is like a hot chick with an STD. You want to hit it but are afraid of the consequences.

Old 02-06-2007, 10:19 PM   #6
Soup Nazi

Name: Soup Nazi
Title: The artist formerly known as Don M
Member`s Gallery
The best way to dyno test them is back to back. Dyno one set, let it cool a bit, install the next set, and run it again.

I like to make 3-5 runs on a DynoJet with two or more sets and average the runs to get a quick result. Luckliy no real swings on output will plague the results if you use the Jet. That is a quick and fast method and not the end-all, but not bad for a half day of messin around.

On a 12 Valve, timing is paramount per injector type. In other words, some nozzle types and styles like more timing than others and this can skew the results.

24V and CR's are so much easier to compare injectors on.

Old 02-07-2007, 05:06 AM   #7
Trapper

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodsrat
Trapper

I would it is the difference in timing. The 435's seem to like a sweetspot of about 16.5 deg. Last time I talked with ben he was running around 22 deg. timing in his truck.
Ok I'm running about 18*

Old 02-07-2007, 07:44 AM   #8
wildmanben

Name: wildmanben
Title: Farmboy...
Member`s Gallery
18* probably helps you out there. I wasnt running the .022 DVs on the 518hp. But will get numbers with them in and out hopefully.

So what would running 17* of timing on my truck do for me while running the 435s? I may have to try this next. As soon as 5th gear comes back.

Country Performance Diesel
PureFlow Technologies
Southbend Clutch
Bullseye Power
JL Machine
Fluidampr

Old 02-07-2007, 06:08 PM   #9
jambbii

Name: jambbii
Title: milk
Member`s Gallery
Good info, I still have my 435s and I am learning to live with them for now.
04.5 QC 4x4

Old 02-07-2007, 09:06 PM   #10
Trapper

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambbii
Good info, I still have my 435s and I am learning to live with them for now.
hey, Josh I think the cold weather is gone for now, My 435s have cleared up a little since it's been warmer,

Closed Thread