Oil on top of number 5 piston

kole32

Pulled the head off since I got the motor out and am p pumping, everything looks awesome, except for number 5 it's got oil In the bowl of the piston, head gasket looks fine, truck ran awesome with the ve pump..any idea ?
26dea7b25037f359d7bf8f9f6403816c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leaking valve seals maybe. Can happen on shut down and when the engine cools.

Also just could have happen when you removed the head and a little bit of oil leaked onto the the piston.

When I pulled the injector it had a lot of oil on it too, I'll throw some valve seals at it when I get new springs

Unless there was recent head work done I highly recommend having it inspected and reconditioned. Might be time for some stem guide work as well. Just one of those things I don't like to do twice.

I planned on having the head magnafluxed and decked if needed.

Has anyone found a good valve seal that stays in place without having to machine the spring pockets? Probably wishful thinking but figured I throw it out there

Could it be a worn out oil ring that caused this ? I had pretty crazy dream last night and this popped into it lol

Oil from below the rings would burn, oil like your seeing came after the truck was turned off, probably valve stem seal, just pull that valve and look at the stem to see if it's really wet or if the valve stem seal is pushed up. Otherwise I'd suspect it entered the cylinder during head removal.

Should be able too look in exhaust and intake port and see if u can see any oil on the valves. Might wanna find u lil mirror and flash light for intake side

Back