road runner converters phoenix az

rjustman

Has anyone ever used these guys? Heard any feedback?? Any word on warranty..performance anything.

They are local to me and offer a billet triple for under 500,and a quadruple for under 900.quadruple has 3 year warranty,triple has 1 year..

Thanks

cd0646df4de2842e388b40a2a628d8e0.jpg

Yeah I've talked to him quite a few times..he built a trans for my friend..I was just curious about the road runner tc.I like to give local a shot but don't want cheap either..

I dunno, a billet triple for under 500 sounds a little iffy, but I guess you never know what a good deal u might find and have it be a nice piece.

I had one of their single disc converters years ago. It was advertised as being a very low stall, which at the time I thought was good (due to inexperience) but in reality the stall was so low it would bog the engine down when stopped in gear until it stalled. On stall speed test it wouldn't even go over 1000rpm.
I don't know if that's how low they intended it to be or if there was something wrong with it, but needless to say I got a Goerend triple disc soon after and never looked back.

Has anyone ever used these guys? Heard any feedback?? Any word on warranty..performance anything.

They are local to me and offer a billet triple for under 500,and a quadruple for under 900.quadruple has 3 year warranty,triple has 1 year..

Thanks

If your looking for the cheap route and saving money just call up Phil at DPC he usually has some refirbished triple disks and good single disks laying around for decent prices.

Other than stall speed being wrong how was it? Can't really blame them if you wanted a low stall and got it. Did they offer to fix stall?? It's info like this I'm after.
Creed I called Phil nothing in stock for me right now

Last edited:
I've been running the quadruple converter for about a year now in the 05 Ram. I tow a 40' 5th wheel with it. I haven't had any issues yet. I also use their other converters for the fleet of 200 cabs I service and rarely have any issues.

Last edited:
Awesome..I don't plan on having a warranty issue just kinda good to know how they are before hand before spending that kind of money..I'd like to buy soon,because they are having a sale..895 for the quad disc and 496 for their triple.

How's the quad shift? Harsh? I heard the ats 5 star is horrible..is the quad to bad?

I say definitely them give a shot. $895 is obviously an awesome deal for a quad disc, that's a good length warranty, and you are supporting a local business.

Kleann ,my thoughts exactly ..895 is cheap but still no small chunk of change..I'll let y'all know how it works out when it gets done if I go that route..until then,anyone have anymore,input keep it coming

Night and day difference between stock and a good valve body. I know my 95 was a new. Truck after mine and one of Phil's low stall converter.

Haha have to admit yes it even better after you built it for me after I destroyed my first set up! Damn things think they need fluid...

Back