Smarty and EFI and SCT

NPloysa

How do these all compare? I know they are difficult to try head to head due to running on different brand engines. I have a CR Smarty. What I am curious about it max claimed HP out of each, timing increases, and EGT decreases. I know the EFI and SCT have additional things like guages and turbo timer, etc., etc...

I know of a custom 250 HP tune Smarty

Thanks!

Nick

EFI Live is only as effective as the person using it to write the tune. That said, some have more than doubled their power on LB7s with tunes written using EFI Live. Or went from ~250rwhp stock to over 500rwhp with tuning and other common upgrades such as exhaust and intakes. There are also a couple other options that offer this kind of increase that are not EFI Live derived, such as tuning from PPE and TTS.

So 250rwhp added is about as good as it gets for tuning-only changes, at least in the Duramax world (specifically on the 01-04 LB7).

C-ya

SmokeShow said:
EFI Live is only as effective as the person using it to write the tune. That said, some have more than doubled their power on LB7s with tunes written using EFI Live. Or went from ~250rwhp stock to over 500rwhp with tuning and other common upgrades such as exhaust and intakes. There are also a couple other options that offer this kind of increase that are not EFI Live derived, such as tuning from PPE and TTS.

So 250rwhp added is about as good as it gets for tuning-only changes, at least in the Duramax world (specifically on the 01-04 LB7).

C-ya

Good post... I agree.

Back