suspension mods

alldiesels

Alldiesels
hey guys
i was just wondering what mods you have made to your suspension, i plan on ordering a set of traction bars from Brian Bhunting in the next week or so but what else should i do?? i will probably do some suspension blocks. I just want to do what i can to be competative, thanks to tadd and ats the power is there i just need to help get it to the dirt lol
robert
out

what is the goal? why blocks? are you wanting to lift it a little, gain traction or what? i don't think blocks will help anything but get you a little higher in the rear, generally they'll hurt traction because they'll allow your rear springs to flex/wrap more. the only traction bars I've heard work well are the ones made by Daystar, and I've heard that from several different people now.

i think he is talking about blocking the suspension, not adding bigger blocks between the spring and axle. if you block the rear so you limit the travel you are at a advantage over trucks with regular rear suspensions. some place call for a minimum of 1" suspension movement, other will let you run solid. some folks have a ake set of shocks that they put on to get the rear suspension solid.

For truck pulling the blocks he is referring to go between the frame and axle not the axle and springs. Pullers block the suspension to limit travel. By limiting the travel you maintain your hitch height.

Back