Wanted: 8ft bed to fit 2009 Dodge.

I stopped by that Custom Auto's by Tim place last night....holy cow. They have 21 projects right now. 99% all FORD stretches. Amazing what they are doing. They have done one Dodge mega stretch and I talked to the guy that did it. Might be a possibility in the distant future. I just keep looking at this picture.

silver111073.jpg

Oh you need a Class B - imagine how many coons you could cram in that spacious thing?

1,680 cubic feet, 12 volt lightbulbs, all in a plush green leather....comfortably fits 30 drunken CompD members or 250 COONS! SAY WHAT! Coons for days.....

Think about it....

You know I can't leave anything stock. I would move the back of the cab up about 8 foot and build a platform and mount a smoker on the back. Fridge inside the back door, bunk beds, a couch....etc etc etc. And a coon tail hangin' from the antenna. LOL

From Oct of 2013 until today, Sep 2021, the bed I bought way back when is getting put on the frame for the first time today by the shop doing the stretch.

Happy Dance. :snoop::snoop::snoop:

I find it preposterous that I can't seem to find a super heavy, 1/2 thick or more, rubber bed mat for an 8' bed online. Found one so far and it's a 2-piece. Screw that.

Why not linex or rhino line?

Had my '99 dually line-x'd. Wasn't a fan. Shit still slides around. And the color is crap after 5+ years. Lots of things against a $grand$ for it.

I've used the TSC 3/4" stall mats. They're 4x6 so you will have two pieces, and you'd have to cut it, which isn't real easy, but they work well for me.

Thought about it. Found heavy mats at Black Armour for 8' beds, but they are two pieces. They said "our vulcanizer is only 4'x6'..." I told them to weld 24 more inches to it.

They cut easier in the winter when they're harder. We tried a sawsall, skill saw, and a cutoff wheel. Ended up using my pocket knife.

Had my '99 dually line-x'd. Wasn't a fan. Shit still slides around. And the color is crap after 5+ years. Lots of things against a $grand$ for it.

Thought about it. Found heavy mats at Black Armour for 8' beds, but they are two pieces. They said "our vulcanizer is only 4'x6'..." I told them to weld 24 more inches to it.

Agree with linex. Had it in several trucks. Tuff as heck but slick. My 98 dodge had rhino and that was best I ever had. Tough as nails and you could put 5 gallon gas can in middle and drive all over and it wouldn't move.

What's the name of the shop doing the work?
Give them some free press.

It's called "Smith Truck and Equipment" out of Edmond, Ok. Phil Smith has been doing truck and trailer work for decades. I haven't seen the work yet, but from talking to the guy he's very knowledgeable. I can't go get the truck today due to baseball and softball games both being tonight an hour north in the opposite direction. I hope to pick it up tomorrow after work and drive it for the first time.

attachment.php

The website link on the internet listing I posted ^^^^ is erroneous.

Attachments

• Smith Truck and Equipment.jpg
    Smith Truck and Equipment.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 0
Back