Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Tech > 94-98 2nd Gen. 12V
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2006, 10:42 PM   #1
chopper

Name: chopper
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
Jeff Garmon is the MAN!!

I just wanted to remind everyone that there are honest people left here on this planet. I took my truck to Jeff for a problem that know other shop would touch. I pulled my truck 3 hrs for Jeff to lay his hands on it. My truck was fixed in two days. It ended up being as simple as unplugging a relay. I ended up not being able to go right back and get my truck. It stayed at Jeff's shop for two weeks in his way. I hitched a ride from my dad to go get my truck that next monday morning. As Jeff told me the news of the stupid relay that caused all my problems, I was relieved. I had know idea what it could of been. Neither did anyone else on several dodge web sites. I asked Jeff what I owed him for fixing my truck. He replied " You dont owe me anything" He said bring it back when you have a real problem. I dont know of to many mechanics that would do that for someone they dont know, or do know for that matter.I was ready to pay somewhere in the ballpark of 500-700 to get my truck running right again.He could of charged me anything and I would have been tickled pink to pay for the work he did. I just wanted to produce this post for all thos guys that have been screwed over by jackleg mechanics that take all your hard erned money for very little work. I will drive back to Jeff Garmon's (3hrs.) for any other thing I ever need done to my truck.I also wanted to take this time and say how sorry we are for the loss of your Mother-in-Law. Keep up the good work and all will be well. Chris Clendenin.............

Last edited by Timbeaux; 08-15-2006 at 08:19 PM. Reason: My Brother-In-Law cant spell hehehehehehe

Old 08-13-2006, 10:56 PM   #2
Dalpilot

Name: Dalpilot
Title: Joe Nobody!
Member`s Gallery
Awesome, thanks for posting that.

Old 08-14-2006, 12:03 AM   #3
cowboyup20x

Name: cowboyup20x
Title: Diesel Fume Inhaler
Member`s Gallery
Have to agree, Jeff is a standup guy. It is always fun to just hang out with those guys for a day. Can never thank him enough for these injectors, they rock.
Finally got rid of the old CATCHER ECM, wow what a difference. Where is David when you need a dyno???

Old 08-14-2006, 09:29 PM   #4
Trashdawg

Name: Trashdawg
Title: Master Chip Installer
Member`s Gallery
What was the problem you had with your truck?

Old 08-15-2006, 04:24 PM   #5
chopper

Name: chopper
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
I had replaced the lift pump about 8 months ago. I could not get it to prime. Jeff got me to bypass my fuel heater and i finally got it to start. I drove the truck for about 2 months after that with no problems. I was going to a place in Georiga to ride dirt bikes and it shut off, the other side of atlanta. I could not get it to crank. As for the reply about Preston, in my opinion he is the man too. I called him in Georgia and he talked me through wiring up my fuel shut off. I got it started and was on my way. I only had third gear, no rpm or speedo,no cruise,no air, and no power. I got it home and tried several web site to try and find out what was wrong. Nobody new. I had alot of good suggestions though...Jeff told me to check the main fues pannel on the inside of the truck. The one he told me to check was blown. I replaced it and it blew again and again. What had happend was when I bypassed the fuel heater I did not dissconnect the relay.. It kept trying to turn on. When it finally went out it shorted the 10 amp fuse in the main pannel.. All that had to be done was dissconnect the relay. Sounds so simple but it was so frustrating. Jeff also turned up my idle for me while I was there.

Old 08-15-2006, 07:36 PM   #6
turbo dreams

Name: turbo dreams
Title: in college and broke
Member`s Gallery
yeah there aren't many like him

Closed Thread