Electric fan build

Nice work, any pictures of the brake? I really wish I had a nice big brake/press.

Its an 8 footer, its really old. I forget the brand but put a new blade on it couple years ago, and this thing is a brick it works great. I used it for makin racecar bodys, but not lately..
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380678004.261386.jpg

My last beater car was a 96 Taurus that I pulled the fans off when I scrapped it to do this. Just haven't gotten around to it yet. Yours looks very nice.

Just an update on these fans, been in the mid 50's here, and I have been beating this thing to death trying to break the engine in, and I have yet to even turn the fans on! Truck never runs over 190 regardless of how hard I beat on it, and thats with no fans on at all.

Solid Work. Where did you get your hands on those fans? Are they just some of the models off Summit? They seem pretty cheap and all in all in materials doesn't seem like it could be any more than a few hundred bucks. Gonna have to find someone with a decent sized brake.

Solid Work. Where did you get your hands on those fans? Are they just some of the models off Summit? They seem pretty cheap and all in all in materials doesn't seem like it could be any more than a few hundred bucks. Gonna have to find someone with a decent sized brake.

I took two used Taurus fans from the salvage yard and used a little 3 inch wizard wheel to trim the shroud down to what I needed, that saved a lot of money over buying fans from Summit or Jegs. A 4 ft brake would get the job done.

Those are not the sho fans , Heres what the good ones look like.
taurusfan.jpg

twinfan001.jpg

Those are the best pics I could find right now

Back