Lookin for dependable 6.0

Why don't you educate your self? Cause last I checked 6.0's didn't come with 4r's

Like TheBac said, compd is about bein assholes for no reason?

89 F-Superduty -this is boring, lets go pull something.
96 VW Passat -cheap to drive, expensive to fix.

You may like your fast Cummins,
But your wife likes my slow powerstroke.

Actually this is a free world. It may sound like we're being assholes but you're entitled to your opinion and we're allowed to laugh. Get it? Got it? As you were gentlemen.

I just don't like autos, they don't hold up in a hayfield or with much constant weight. I've been stranded to many times because of an automatic trans failure.

Doesn't want a proven auto but wants a 6.0.....:blahblah1:

Cool, they're like Batman and Robin, The Lone Ranger and Tonto, Pancho and Lefty, Laurel and Hardy, Abbott and Costello........

Well for what its worth I've worked on a lot to 6.0 that are very reliable after a few updates. Can be an excellent engine so to the OP good luck.

You've been a member just as long as I have and you think this new?

Its not, but its certainly changed from guys just mocking spammers, orallers and oddball threads into mocking everything no matter what it is.

Batman and Robin? Seriously? :hehe: That was funny. I have no idea who the O/P is...just thought ragging on him was wrong.

Last edited:
Its not, but its certainly changed from guys just mocking spammers, orallers and oddball threads into mocking everything no matter what it is.

Batman and Robin? Seriously? :hehe: That was funny. I have no idea who the O/P is...just thought ragging on him was wrong.

I'm mocking him for saying ignorant crap like "all autos are junk".

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I see a lot of bagging on the guy, but no real suggestions as to helping him with his decisions.
If there are fixes for the 6.0s, and there surely are, instead of trying to change his mind, offer solutions.
I'm also among the "Automatic Equals Junk" club, but to each their own.

I have personally seen 3 Ford 6.0s with over 200k show up at my place that have never had a head off them, 2 hadn't had injectors done, either.

IIRC, there have been many CRs that needed injectors before 60k. :doh:
Who knows how many VPs died on the transport trucks. :hehe:

It's a crapshoot with the way stuff is designed.
Most people don't realize that auto manufacturers are only obligated to make the vehicles last through to warranty's end, 100k in many cases, and no more. They don't CARE if your engine only lasts to 101k, they met their legal obligations.

Mark.

For the record, my dad's 6.0 is bearing 200k and all we have done is an EGR delete and FICM, though it will need injectors before winter hits, and the coolant does slowly disappear, but it's done that for the last few years!

Whole lotta hatin' goin on in this thread, but I think Mark hit the nail on the head with this post.

and with that said, the 5R110 is such a great transmission that is very cheaply and easily overhauled, there simply is no reason to go manual. every time I have the misfortune of driving a 6.0 or 6.4 with a manual, I just shake my head and wonder why :confused:

While I agree that a "sick oh" is sssoooooo not the greatest engine in the world, one might argue similar with a Cummins Common Fail.

Seen more than my share of 5.9s and 6.7s with HG failures, windows and injector failures, as well as total burn downs for (apparently) purely magical reasons.

I also have a pile of scrap CRs to prove it.
Which flavor do you want to see? Windows? Toasted cranks? gouged blocks? Melted pistons? Crispy Critter? It's all there!

Not really trying to ruin your fun, but I'm just sayin'. :pop:

Mark.

Whole lotta hatin' goin on in this thread, but I think Mark hit the nail on the head with this post.

and with that said, the 5R110 is such a great transmission that is very cheaply and easily overhauled, there simply is no reason to go manual. every time I have the misfortune of driving a 6.0 or 6.4 with a manual, I just shake my head and wonder why :confused:

Don't think it's hating just reality.

After working on them they are not as bad as everyone makes them out to be.
Call Radar Diesel And ask him. That is all he specializes in is 6.0 . He is located in spring hill.
931-982-4285

C_muhs has an 04 F350 he bought new. 160k. He messages me not even an hour after I started this thread. I ask for a 6.0 because I've seen some pretty badass 6.0s and no one ever opened them up. There's an older guy runnin around Columbia, TN. that has never had his truck in the shop for mechanical failure. It had 150k last I seen. And he said it was "suped up to hell and back". My brother has had 3, the first one he didn't like, the second he kept for 6 years almost til it was stolen and left in northern Iowa. Bought it with 42k, lost it at 350k+, injectors once. The one has now is pushin 150k he's had it for 3 yrs. PCM twice. Both manual 4x4.

Last edited:
C_muhs has an 04 F350 he bought new. 160k. He messages me not even an hour after I started this thread. I ask for a 6.0 because I've seen some pretty badass 6.0s and no one ever opened them up. There's an older guy runnin around Columbia, TN. that has never had his truck in the shop for mechanical failure. It had 150k last I seen. .
One of my high school friends bought a twin turbo'ed 6.0 fully built it ran good but not for long always tearing the 5R100 trans up.
I have seen some trucks come to the spring hill area with 300k with nothing other that minior problems (water pump ,alt,etc)
talk to Radar he knows 6.0's i will be working with him when i come home this time again.

One of my high school friends bought a twin turbo'ed 6.0 fully built it ran good but not for long always tearing the 5R100 trans up.
I have seen some trucks come to the spring hill area with 300k with nothing other that minior problems (water pump ,alt,etc)
talk to Radar he knows 6.0's i will be working with him when i come home this time again.

Autos don't take the heat like the other white meat. Lol.

Autos don't take the heat like the other white meat. Lol.

That may be true in most cases. But as far as fords transmissions are concerned, I'll take the auto over a standard in a Ford anyday. Hell id like to have a 4 or 5r behind my dmax. The autos are retardedly stout with no modifications.

Back