Header wrap exhaust manifold?

Eastern Diesel

I have never seen anyone header wrap the manifold just wondering if it would be worth it since im doing the hot pipe for the twins?

I am getting all of my hot side stuff ceramic coated- not the shiny chromish looking cermanic, but the higher temp black. I think it's good to 2000+ degrees. From what I've seen, it holds up really well and looks a ton better than a rusty manifold/turbine housing. Should *technically* aid a little in spoolup/underhood heat, but doubt if it's noticeable.

I'm not sure, but I'm about to find out. I got my piston tops ceramic coated, and the sides teflon coated for $180...so I assume an exhaust manifold couldn't be more than that.

Yes and yes. The prep needs to be perfect. Pre-baking is a must to make sure all of the oil/grease is out of the part.

If the surface temp of your manifold is over 1100F, there's bigger problems than the coating. However, I've had no issues with the coating to date. Typically the 1500F pyro is pegged 200' into the 1/4mi run.

I had the manafold, both turbo hausings and hotpipe done. Ceramic coating is nice do to the fact the heat stays inside allowing the painted surface longevity over many heat cycles. I paid 5 bills to get it all done but it looks really nice, beats the hell out of bbq paint LOL.

Back